|----------|
|----------|
|----------|
|-----7---|
|-----x----|
|-----5----|

ive seen a lot of tabs with that mute in between thing....how the hell do u play that?
Quote by Dardarian
Go to your doktor. UG can't give proper medical advice.

Quote by DanRev
Because it could be a serious answer. What if someone was to make a thread "A song to tell my girlfriend that I caught a nasty STD off her best friend?" We'd all be screwed then.
the finger that u are fretting the fifth fret on the e string, should be just touching the a string, but not hard enough to fret it.
Peavey Valveking 212

Ibanez S520EX in grey
oh ok...i was trying that and it kinda worked...but it was still made sum sound and stuff so i was just makin sure i was doin it rite
Quote by Dardarian
Go to your doktor. UG can't give proper medical advice.

Quote by DanRev
Because it could be a serious answer. What if someone was to make a thread "A song to tell my girlfriend that I caught a nasty STD off her best friend?" We'd all be screwed then.
Quote by guiatarist59
|----------|
|----------|
|----------|
|-----7---|
|-----x----|
|-----5----|

ive seen a lot of tabs with that mute in between thing....how the hell do u play that?

Thats a technique called octaving. It's usually seen on the third and fifth strings. The reason is that they are both the same notes, giving it a more "chordal" effect. Just as stated before you lightly touch it with the finger hitting the top string as it presses down. Good luck!
what i do is just remove your middle finger all together and use your finger thats fretting the A note to mute across the middle string in the octave.