Lame to wear the shirt of any band playing
20 5%
Wear whatever shirt you want
335 92%
Its ok to wear an opening band shirt, but not the headliner
10 3%
Voters: 366.
Page 1 of 3
So as many of us know "that guy" is the guy who wears the shirt of the band he's seeing.
Is it lame to be "that guy?" What if you're just wearing the band shirt of an opener? What do you think, UG?

Poll coming
I think its a gay rule. I have done it once, but seriously... who gives a ****.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Is that who "that guy" is? I always thought "that guy" was the complete twat everyone hated.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
At most shows I go to the majority of people are wearing a shirt from the band or something to do with the band.

If anything around here wearing a t-shirt from a rival band to a show is looked down upon.
I don't see anything wrong with this.

If a kid goes to a show, ignores and bad mouths a bad without giving them a chance to hear them though because they aren't headlining, that guy is lame. Or, if they plainly say 'they were crap, they weren't as good as *insert headliner*' due to a default opinion.
No big deal. I buy t-shirts at the venue as a souvenir, then wear them so it's easier to carry. I wore a Sonic Youth shirt at Smashing Pumpkins though.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
well "that guy" is obviously a d**k
shadows fall at the black crusade were a prime example
they were better than trivium and just as good machine head
Quote by SuperBlob

So fitting

*looks at my previous post*

Good call.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
honestly i have never done it but, who cares, the guy probably really likes the band and i try not to judge other for something so superfical
Quote by SuperBlob

So fitting

yeah i would say the same thing, although i did lose a tshirt in the moshpit once

so now i wear em
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
'Nine out of ten people actually enjoy gang rape.'
I think if you are wearing the opener then you will get some looks....but fuck them in the ear....wear what you want.
I dunno...I always buy the shirt of the band I'm there to see and wear it.
I never knew that was a problem...cause I saw people with Warbringer and exodus shirts at the Exodus show. Just like I saw people wearing Cannibal corpse shirts at the cannibal corpse show.

Doesn't it make sense to buy the merch of the band and wear it at their show? I mean whats the point of the merch booth if you don't?
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
I don't get why it's uncool to buy the band's shirt and support them. I have never understood that.
yes. it is lame. people are welcome to do it if they want. doesn't mean i can't think they're lame for doing so.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Might not be true for smaller shows but for bigger bands at least, if you wear the shirt you will not be the only one. I see hundreds of people wearing band shirts (of the band) wen i go to gigs.
Bass Player
You can be elitist within the t shirt wearing area though, like when you go to see the foo fighters an theres a load of people wearing ESPG t's and you have a Dain Bramage t on, and you feel awesome.

But there is nothing wrong with it, same for openers.
Quote by liam1107
well "that guy" is obviously a d**k
shadows fall at the black crusade were a prime example
they were better than trivium and just as good machine head

what?

I couldn't even hear them, i could talk over them to my mate...

EDIT : so, wait, its a bad thing to wear a shirt of a band your going seeing?

The Hell?

So im an asshole for wearing a metallica shirt to a metallica concert?
Last edited by andyscoot at Apr 24, 2008,
It makes you look like a fanboy, but if you're cool with that then do whatever you want.
:stickpoke
Quote by Banlieue
It makes you look like a fanboy, but if you're cool with that then do whatever you want.

Being at the gig in the first place makes you look like a fan?
Bass Player
If I've seen the band before live I will usually wear a shirt from them. Like the second time I saw cattle decap I wore the shirt I bought at the last show
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
I always thought "that guy" was the guy in that movie. You know, that movie, with the guy.
-_-
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by Zero-Hartman
No big deal. I buy t-shirts at the venue as a souvenir, then wear them so it's easier to carry. I wore a Sonic Youth shirt at Smashing Pumpkins though.

it could be worse...you could have worn a Pavement shirt at a Smashing Pumpkins show
Quote by Deek_13
Being at the gig in the first place makes you look like a fan?

I believe there is a difference between fan and fanboy.
:stickpoke
Quote by uhh_me?
it could be worse...you could have worn a Pavement shirt at a Smashing Pumpkins show

Green Day at a GG Allin gig? we could start a new thread on this.
Could've worn a Cannibal Corpse shirt to a Hilary Duff gig. Man, her fans would've ripped you to fucking shreds...

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by KevVin
Green Day at a GG Allin gig? we could start a new thread on this.

GG Allin's a *****. It doesn't matter what t-shirt you wear, you're a ****wit for supporting him
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
I wore a Flaming Tsunamis shirt to an Eels show...

Listen to both, you'll see the significance

I swear I have more of these things, but I can't remember. I never really think about what I wear to a show until I'm there, usually too late. Nothing ever happens, apart from you get the occasional "RIGHT ON BROTHER!!!!!!"
Quote by gorecore=me
is a bidet a type of crisp?
wear whatever... cause its gonna get all sweaty and wet anyways
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
I don't see the problem. It seems utterly pathetic that people would look down on someone wearing the t-shirt of the band they're seeing. What's the point in buying the shirt then?

Wear the damn shirt!
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Whaaaat? I've never heard of this being lame/uncool!

I bought a Muse shirt when I went to see them the first time, then when I went again over a year later, I wore the shirt to the gig. I never thought people had a problem with that. I saw it as like wearing a football shirt of the team you're supporting at one of their matches, as in, you're meant to do it.

And according to the poll, everyone agrees.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Whaaaat? I've never heard of this being lame/uncool!

I bought a Muse shirt when I went to see them the first time, then when I went again over a year later, I wore the shirt to the gig. I never thought people had a problem with that. I saw it as like wearing a football shirt of the team you're supporting at one of their matches, as in, you're meant to do it.

And according to the poll, everyone agrees.

It seems to be more of an American thing...
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
I usually buy the shirt after the show, if I liked the show enough to warrant buying a shirt to remember it. Also, I won't lose it in the crowd.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Page 1 of 3