i couldn't get the neck on my new ibanez s5470 to straighten up fully even though i have turned the truss rod to the tightest.
so fair enough if i couldn't get a lower action, but is it safe to leave the truss rod there on full torque?
(the neck still looks a bit U-shaped from playing position)
u shaped?!!!!?!?! did you try turning it the other way? and you do know your only ment to like give it half a turn a day dont you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
stop adjusting.

fret the low E at the first fret. at the same time, fret the low E at the last fret where the neck and body meet.

look at the middle frets.

if you can fit more than a credit card in that gap then you still have too much bend.

if the strings lay on the fretwire there, you dont have enough.

so measure and see, then repost.

i dont think you should be forcing that nut any further. also, make sure you waited at least an hour after ur last adjustment, to see how the neck will settle.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Ya um i think you may have turned it a little to far. eight of a turn at a time bud. Hope you didn't do some serious damage
Quote by UneasyxKarma
Ya um i think you may have turned it a little to far. eight of a turn at a time bud. Hope you didn't do some serious damage

i do, he shouldn't have been s stupid, it's the only way he will learn
Quote by Deliriumbassist
^wow, arent you the bad ass.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

^ erm, no when something wont turn anymore do you not think you should stop, there are whole threads on this he could have check there first
Quote by Deliriumbassist
so, he's asking. why do you care if he broke his junk.
even if you are a soul eater.

not saying he's a kid, but when i was one, i wish i had someome to tell me wtf to do.
they come here for help, you know?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

yeah i do, lol im not going to argue with that peace out
Quote by Deliriumbassist
haha cool
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

i'm just doing it by the book. ibanez manual.

says, press "at the first fret and at the fret that is nearest to the point where the neck joins the body". that's 1st and 17th fret for my guitar. instead of first and last fret.

credit card won't fit through when pressed at first and 24th fret.

i stopped right away, when the rod wouldn't turn anymore.

book just says "make adjustments in quarter-turns, alternating steps of tuning and adjustments". never mentioned 1/2 a step a day thing.

i'm not sure if there will be any upcoming adverse effects now though.
ok well, your neck is NOT bowed too muchseems fine.

yes wait between turns. because it takes a long time for the neck to settle.

ok, so, where it is now is about right. work with the action, if you have a high fret, that might prevent any lower action. but i wouldnt adjust the neck any further.

if ANYthing, a little more bow, might help you clear any high frets, and allow lower action. but again, let the neck settle today. start again tomorrow. and be sure never to force any turns.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62