What's your thought on the fender telecaster?

I really like how it looks (bad way to choose a guitar )
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
It's a great guitar, just crap for metal.

Then again, you don't really buy a single coil for metal :P
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
they have them with humbuckers.

depends on ur style. depends on which model/make of tele.

you need to try one for urself. this is really a pretty lame thread.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Pure_Morning
It's a great guitar, just crap for metal.

Then again, you don't really buy a single coil for metal :P

john 5 wants a word with you
Amazing guitar, once you've had one, you never go back, such a good clean tone, cuts through walls of noise, you'll always be heard, and its got a nice squeal when overdrive too
really quick neck, perfectly weighted and balanced
yeh, i have lots of nice things to say about it
crap for metal/ heavier rock thou...
i got a 72 deluxe tele which has 2 humbuckers and the gritty dirty overdriven sound it gets is amazing, with a twang too
i like it. the bridge pick up and the neck pickup are like polar opposites, the neck pick up is really warm and nice and the bridge pick up is really trebley and twangy. the guitar feels nice too. what kind of music do you play?
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
I was playing Pantera when my profile picture was taken...
Quote by Wakisazhi
Not to mention Jonny Greenwood

Yeah, Johnny Greenwood, master of metal.
Quote by rage6945
what kind of music do you play?

I don't have time to name lots but I really like Pink Floyd, Muse I also like other Prog Rock and Phsycadelic Rock.
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
^^haha, congrats, you got me to click you pika Hawt!

my schecter kicks ass. btw. and depends on ur amp.

TS, MOP threw me a bit. but i think ud like teles. i mean, mines got two humbuckers and push pulls. really versatile.
some of them are a little bulky tho. a body contoured model helps.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Apr 24, 2008,
Quote by Pikka Bird
I was playing Pantera when my profile picture was taken...

Yeah, Johnny Greenwood, master of metal.

1. His name is spelled Jonny (I don't know if it was by your error or you thought you'd correct me).

2. I tried quoting the other person who mentioned teles not being good for heavier rock but UG's been acting weird (or it could be my laptop). But the fact still remains, Jonny uses his Tele plus to get some pretty harsh (but great) tones out of his tele.
Johnny Greenwood and John 5 both use HUMBUCKER equipped Telecasters, as does Jim Root, so it's really a pretty poor argument. It's about as bad as the Iron Maiden & Strats argument (they use stacked single coils).
Quote by greggybhoy
Johnny Greenwood and John 5 both use HUMBUCKER equipped Telecasters, as does Jim Root, so it's really a pretty poor argument. It's about as bad as the Iron Maiden & Strats argument (they use stacked single coils).

As long as there are production model Fender telecasters with humbuckers, I don't see it failing as an argument.
^If bastardized editions count, then everything can be played on any model. All Telecaster-shaped guitars don't have the Tele sound, in my world at least. When asked about Telecasters, I always assume the question is about Telecasters with Telecaster hardware and Telecaster pickups.

However, he did say he just likes the shape, so... but still.

Quote by jj1565
^^haha, congrats, you got me to click you pika Hawt!

If it makes your day, I clicked you right back (hmm, don't think there's any innuendo in there... ). Also hawt, although I don't think that's really you.

Quote by Wakisazhi
1. His name is spelled Jonny (I don't know if it was by your error or you thought you'd correct me).

2. I tried quoting the other person who mentioned teles not being good for heavier rock but UG's been acting weird (or it could be my laptop). But the fact still remains, Jonny uses his Tele plus to get some pretty harsh (but great) tones out of his tele.

The h was a slip-up on my part. But even though he does use it for harsher tones, I haven't heard him use a tight, focused distortion like you'd use for metal. However, it can be done. I do it every once in a while.
Quote by jj1565
they have them with humbuckers.

depends on ur style. depends on which model/make of tele.

you need to try one for urself. this is really a pretty lame thread.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?