Hi everyone. My current guitar is just a cheap Ibanez GIO that came with the "Shred Hed" pack. I'm going to get a little over a $150 pretty soon and I was thinking about upgrading it.

Specifically, I was thinking about getting a new pickup. Would a new pickup help my pinch harmonics sound like they've got more balls? Is the Dimebucker any good?

Or, should I just save my money for a new guitar down the road?

I don't think the pickup would be an all out waste of money, I could just take the pickup back out and install it into any new guitar down the road, right?

Thanks.
The dimebucker is decidedly terrible. If you want a better sound buy a new amp, like a roland cube 30
id save for a new amp

if ur set on the new guitar/pickup, id suggest dimarzio D activators

a new guitar, id suggest schecter if u can save enough
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Will a new amp make that much of a difference in tone? Very noobish question, but I haven't been playing for long....
Quote by OsokDracul
Will a new amp make that much of a difference in tone? Very noobish question, but I haven't been playing for long....

Yes. Most of your tone comes from the amp. A sh!t guitar through an amazing amp is obscenely better than an amazing guitar through a sh!t amp. Most people don't realize the potential of their guitar until they hear it through a good tube amp.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Well, it looks like I might start saving up for a Roland Cube then, I just checked them out at musiciansfriend and they look awesome. Are there better amps in that price range, in particular, for metal?

Does anyone have any tone setting suggestions to use on my amp to get by for now?
Also, are the $15 Danelectro effects pedals worth the money?

Thanks for the information everyone.
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT is a great amp, not so good for metal though, but I think they makes an XL-model of something that's better suited for metal, check that out.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.