i'm currently studying that career in a university called "instituto tecnologico de chihuahua 2".
and i was wondering, how different is studying here from the u.s.a?

in first semester, we got 6 different courses (subjects, classes, i dont know how you guys call them):

introduccion a sistemas computacionales (introduction to computer systems)
fundamentos de programacion (programming basics)
matematicas para computadora (computer mathematics)
matematicas 1 (math 1)
desarrollo sustentable (...ecology, filler-crappy subject)
seminario de etica ( ethics, filler-crappy subject)

we've got 4 subjects actually related to the carreer and 2 fillers. and i'm not happy aboput that. i mean, we are already in college!, we're supposed to be learning things that are actually related to the carreer instead of wasting precious time!
different course...but in engineering we have to do things like that...sustainable engineering (the environment), personal profesisonal and transferable skills (basic stuff like cv's, comp skills, programming)
i think thats with all courses...always a couple of modules ppl dont think are worth the time
Quote by ukuleleftw
When is beating your cat not justified?

Quote by Gaz_m2k5
This is almost as stupid as when someone thought there might be a UG warehouse where all the tabs are stored.

July 8th, 2007 @ Wembley - Best day ever
Quote by broady15
different course...but in engineering we have to do things like that...sustainable engineering (the environment), personal profesisonal and transferable skills (basic stuff like cv's, comp skills, programming)
i think thats with all courses...always a couple of modules ppl dont think are worth the time

yeah, but why can't they give other coursers that can actually help us in our careers?. like english for those wo don't speak it,
All colleges have "pre-reqs" and electives you have to take personally I love them, for example I'd hate to be in calc 3 quantom physics and 3 engineering classes. It's nice to know that I can throw in a Music of the People Rock and Pop to sort of lighten up my load while still working towards my degree.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"