Hi,

I've been making a guitar over the last few weeks and finally after a looong time curing its finished! Just thought I'd see what you all thought. I bought the neck and finished it with true-oil, the body is alder and I used and Irongear "Hot Slag" pickup which seems to be great for the price!

Excuse my crappy out of focus camera phone pics lol.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Chris.
Gear:

Ibanez RGT220H
Schecter C1 Elite
Ibanez EWC30
Maxon OD-808
Framus Cobra
Peavey 5150 MK1 Block Letter
ENGL E530 Preamp
Mesa Boogie Standard Rectifier 4x12

Music:

http://www.myspace.com/morethanthisuk
Yer, I tried to make something at least fairly original!! Thanks!
Gear:

Ibanez RGT220H
Schecter C1 Elite
Ibanez EWC30
Maxon OD-808
Framus Cobra
ENGL E530 Preamp

Music:

That's great I love it!

Quote by Dirtydeeds468

BUT DUDE! THAT'S MY OPINION! JUST LIKE PEOPLE HAVE OPINIONS THAT ALL BLACK PEOPLE ARE CRIMINALS! IT JUST CAN'T BE CHALLENGED BECAUSE IT'S YOUR OPINION!

WHEEEEEEEE.

Heja Sverige!
yeah single coil at the neck would of been beneficial. it's really cool though, great job on the finish...sign the headstock! ahah
looks like a tripod.. thats what you should call it!
What the hell were you thinking?

i duno lol. tihs r liek wen i traid drawn maiself n teh t0ilit.

ROFL.

EPICPHAIL.

gess i cant dai.
i like it but id make it sharper, then go out and stab people, but its damn cool. But i wouldnt have used a maple neck(i think thats maple)
Last edited by Steven E at Apr 24, 2008,
Wow dude, amazing finish. It definitely looks original, and as some have suggested, maybe you'll want to slide in a neck pick-up sometime. Your choice and preference, of course.

Again, looks great. =)
wow sweet dude. that looks awesome. real different. what kind of tone you get out of that due to small body/1 pickup?
Quote by Steven E
i like it but id make it sharper, then go out and stab people, but its damn cool. But i wouldnt have used a maple neck(i think thats maple)

why would he want to sharpen it? so he could have a lame flying V wannabe guitar? good idea, cause the originals are cool to begin with....
Last edited by tona_107 at Apr 24, 2008,
Looks very good =)
nice design
wanted to ask how much you payed for evrything and how it sounds
Keep on rockin' \m/°(^_^)°\m/
At first I was like "huh..." and then it pretty much instantly grew on me. I really like that it's all curved instead of sharp. I'd have gone with a single coil in the neck like a few others here, but I do really like it. How does it sound?
Main gear
Guitars
Shine ST420F
Epiphone 1966 Limited Edition G-400
Martin DX1K
Amps
1976 Silverface Champ
Egnater Tweaker 112 combo
I don't like the shape at all.
BUT, the colours and finish of the wood, paint, hardware and headstock all go really well together :] plus, it's original, which is saying a lot compared to what a lot of people do.
Quote by jscustomguitars
Is awesome, I hate the shape but its really good.

Each to his own! Thanks!

I was debating a neck pickup but I decided to leave it; I can always add one later after all.

Cost wise, it came to about £240;
The neck was £60
Body blank was £35
The pickup was £25
Machineheads were £30
Bridge was £20
Templates etc plus bits and bobs was around £30
Paint and finishing supplies were the best part of £40

I haven't really played it alot as I had to go out like as soon as I finshed it lol. But it sounds good so far, I'l put a vid up abit later.
Gear:

Ibanez RGT220H
Schecter C1 Elite
Ibanez EWC30
Maxon OD-808
Framus Cobra
ENGL E530 Preamp

Music:

Quote by -MintSauce-
I don't really dig the shape, but the finish is exceptional, especially for a first build.

How did you paint the beast?

Also, kudos on the decision to get an Irongear pickup - they're fantastic!

Just using standard halfords car paint and spending many many hours sanding lol. I have refinshed one of my guitars before but this came out much better (thankfully)

Yeh I was intrigued by the IronGear pickups and tbh for the price it wouldn't have mattered alot if it was crap; but its actually a realy great pickup!!!
Gear:

Ibanez RGT220H
Schecter C1 Elite
Ibanez EWC30
Maxon OD-808
Framus Cobra
ENGL E530 Preamp

Music:

I gotta agree with most of the people here, you should pop in a neck pup eventually. Otherwise, looks great!
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
I don't agree with the other people. I think adding a neck pickup would make it look bad

And your playing is not sloppy at all. GJ!
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by RizzoWashburn
I don't agree with the other people. I think adding a neck pickup would make it look bad

And your playing is not sloppy at all. GJ!

+1

Adding a neck pickup would make the body look smaller, and cramped.

How about a piezo bridge, if you find it lacking with cleans?
Awesome...original design! The neck pickup sounds surprisingly good for cleans, too. Reminds me of John Petrucci's clean tone, interestingly enough. It almost looks like a mini guitar, with only 21 frets and a fairly small body. I think it's the one knob that makes it look small.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

That is very nice. I usually HATE odd shaped guitars but i love this one. I'm not entirelly sold on the pickup and bridge, just something about the fender style bridge and gibson style 'bucker.

Anyway, great job!
Quote by masterohumans
there is something wrong with you that has nothing to do with that instrument you want to build.
Sounds pretty good man. Looks like you did a nice job. Planning any more builds soon?
i actually love the shape! and a neck pickup probably wouldn't fit in there, unless its a single coil right against the neck o something

great job nonetheless!

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by 6DgOfInTb
Awesome...original design! The neck pickup sounds surprisingly good for cleans, too. Reminds me of John Petrucci's clean tone, interestingly enough. It almost looks like a mini guitar, with only 21 frets and a fairly small body. I think it's the one knob that makes it look small.

I only have one knob - do I look small?
f*cking sweet man, simply great
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
making a windows machine look like a mac is like putting lipstick on a pig.

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Quote by -MintSauce-
IAlso, kudos on the decision to get an Irongear pickup - they're fantastic!

+1

i got rolling mills in my epi LP. awesome pickups... especially for the price.
Thank you please.
Quote by -MintSauce-
How about a piezo bridge, if you find it lacking with cleans?

I was thinking about that but I decided to keep it as simple as possible for my first attempt. lol

Quote by jcs4
Planning any more builds soon?

Yer, once I get some more funds in place I might try a more tradtitional guitar and definatley have a go at making my own neck etc.

Thanks for all the compliments!
Gear:

Ibanez RGT220H
Schecter C1 Elite
Ibanez EWC30
Maxon OD-808
Framus Cobra
ENGL E530 Preamp

Music: