Been shopping and got some wood!

One piece Honduran Mahogany body blank-

1" and a 2" Mahogany neck blanks-

2" Amazaque neck blank-

1 & 1/4" quarter sawn Honduran Rosewood neck blank, 32" long!

2 X 2" 4A flame maple blanks big enough to get matching V and Explorer bookmatched tops!

that could make some nice guitars
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
Yeah. Im between comissions for about two months so I dont know what to make. Probably gonna make myself a Les Paul or PRS McCarty and maybe use the rosewood neck.
You could make some nice guitars with that. So what are you gonna do first?
THat honduran mahoganey is gonna be tight!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by asterisk_corpse
Hey, are you a certified luthier?

I have a City and Guilds Diploma in Electric guitar making and repair n I've made about 15 guitars to date plus repaired loads more so I guess so yeah.
Quote by ValoRhoads
THat honduran mahoganey is gonna be tight!

Sure is mate, its REALLY resonant!

Quote by Punk_Ninja
Some very nice pieces of wood you have there, one day, when I have the money I WILL get something from you

Go for it, I do take payment in installments! lol

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Can't wait to see these finished. I've seen some pictures of your other finished guitars and they were really nice.

Thanks, glad you like em.
Hah installments or not I have way too much to buy first
Funding the upgrade of my Ibanez as well as two new guitars and a few thigns to make my own (I really want to get into it, pity the stuff is all too dear!).
But one day
i like the "4a" ratings. complete BS, ive seen 5A that looks like ****, ive seen 3A that looks t otally rad.

You didnt glue up that neck blank by yourself bro? bummer.

sick find with the amazique, just make sure its laminated if you are going to rip it into a neck.
fight the power that be
where do you buy your wood from? i've been looking for a place that sells good sized pieces of rosewood for ages. i know its gonna be absolutely ridiculously expensive to find pieces this big, but someday i hope to do a copy of george harrison's rosewood tele, and i haven't found much of anything.
nice man, i really like that rosewood, i wanna definitely make myself a rosewood neck one of these days.
Quote by Guitarzan1143
i like the "4a" ratings. complete BS, ive seen 5A that looks like ****, ive seen 3A that looks t otally rad.

You didnt glue up that neck blank by yourself bro? bummer.

sick find with the amazique, just make sure its laminated if you are going to rip it into a neck.

nah, bought the laminated neck as is. Why laminate the Amazique?
Quote by rednwhiteblues
where do you buy your wood from? i've been looking for a place that sells good sized pieces of rosewood for ages. i know its gonna be absolutely ridiculously expensive to find pieces this big, but someday i hope to do a copy of george harrison's rosewood tele, and i haven't found much of anything.

Ebay for the rosewood my friend! I've got a two piece rosewood body and a neck blank all cut from the same billett that I wanna make into a tele. It was MEGA expensive though, cant remember exactly but i think it cost me around £180.
for how much???
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
I got a pretty large rosewood blank for like 50 american dollars. its 1 inch thick, about 6 feet high and about 6 inches wide.
amazique warps alot when its cut.... so you rip it right down the middle, set the pieces next to each other just as you cut them, and take one of them, and flip it over horizontally, that way when the wood bends/warps (it is inevitable) the other side will make up for it and there will be no problems. make sure that its at 6-8% moisture or i wouldnt let a saw anywhere near that stuff.
fight the power that be
i personally have not cut it with my own hands, but i have seen my buddy cut it, come back the next day, and it had 1/8'' twist and roughly an 1/8'' bough, and when you are making a neck, that renders your wood useless.

his was at 11% moisture content though, i wouldnt cut a piece for a neck unless i was laminating it immediately after, or it was at 6 or so %
fight the power that be
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Some very nice pieces of wood you have there, one day, when I have the money I WILL get something from you

Been shopping and got some wood!

I'm sorry, but I lol'd so hard