am i doing something wrong if i pick up weapons and certain items off the ground, but they dont appear in my inventory? food and a uniform appears in my backpack when i pick it up, and that's it. i'm stuck with the puny MK22
anyone else had this problem before?
i have MGS3: subsistence from the MGS 1, 2, and 3 package.

EDIT: fixed.
Last edited by cloud041089 at Apr 24, 2008,
Can't say I've ever had this problem. Is it not appearing in your backpack at all or just the R2 menu and things?
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y
nachocheeez, that was awesome.
Are you sure you've picked up the weapons? You can't pick those held by soldiers up.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
You need to go into the start menu, and "eqiup" items into your inventory by selecting them in the backpack menu. As nachocheez said you can only have a certain amount of stuff in the l2/r2 menu at a time. Nice choice of game btw, tis awesomeness! There be a MGS group if thee wish to join. Tis called outer heaven.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
All picked up items go into your backpack. You have to go into the backpack and manually assign items to your inventory.
it's not appearing in my backpack or R2/L2 list.
i'm pretty sure i have enough room in my backpack.. unless weight is the issue. let me check. and i havent known about manually equipping.. i'll pick up the AK again and try.
Hope you fix the problem man, and yeah it's an amazing game Best one of the series for me.
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y
ugh, i went back to where i found the AK, but it's not there anymore and not in the equip menu either (which i didnt know about until someone mentioned it in this thread)
i dont remember if i saved after picking it up last time, but when i started the game up it went back to the part where you're surrounded by sentries after EVA leaves.

i did, however, find cardboard box A
so i think i got it now. i may need to restart the game if i wanna use that AK though.. thanks.
Haha that's gotta put a smile on your face!
After thinking about it I'm not sure if I was talking about the box or EVA then...
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y
Did you find the ak in a box or one that you tried to pick up from a soldier? Cuz you can't do that.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
in a box...lol

I GOT IT!! i had to go through the cutscene where that fruity guy chokeholds EVA, then they drop the AK there. then i found it in the equip menu that you guys told me about. seriously, there was no hint of that.. no "press circle in the backpack menu to equip" or anything.
Items appear in your backpack when you pick them up. It's ages since I've played this game, but I think it's in your survival menu ( Select button IIRC ). You need to equip guns from there, and the heavier they are the faster your stamina goes down. If this doesn't work try starting a new game and pick up the first gun you can ( I think there's a gun at the north end of the rope bridge, on the underside, that's probably the quickest gun to get ). If you can equip it then your original save is bugged, if not then your game is bollock'd.

Bah just too late. And now you've put me in the mood for MGS, pity I don't have any of them any more. I would buy them preowned, but GTA comes out next week so no point really.
The one with the royal sceptre and gown

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.
Last edited by Sirnogbert at Apr 24, 2008,
Quote by Sirnogbert
Items appear in your backpack when you pick them up. It's ages since I've played this game, but I think it's in your survival menu ( Select button IIRC ). You need to equip guns from there, and the heavier they are the faster your stamina goes down. If this doesn't work try starting a new game and pick up the first gun you can ( I think there's a gun at the north end of the rope bridge, on the underside, that's probably the quickest gun to get ). If you can equip it then your original save is bugged, if not then your game is bollock'd.

Bah just too late. And now you've put me in the mood for MGS, pity I don't have any of them any more. I would buy them preowned, but GTA comes out next week so no point really.

oh, my bad. you can buy the MGS boxed set for $30 if it helps. thanks though.