my low E string has been sounding quite strange for around 3-4 months now. Its hard to explain but it just sounds quite dull sounding, i dont know what the problem is. its been replaced around 2 times but i still have the same problem.

i have a classic 50's stratocaster.

any help would be appreciated !
It could be the amp but if its only the E string I dont know. 3-4 months is quite a while (depending on what strings you used), maybe try changing them.

Maybe the cables your using also. I got a new cable and my guitar sounded alot better, the tone was much nicer.
yeah it makes no difference, the problem is definately not due to the amp (even though my amp is crap lol)
did you raise the string?

tiny allen wrench on the two pegs, front face of the saddle. lower those to raise the string, if it's hitting a fret it might be cutting the note short. mechanically.

or you can try raising the pickups a little on the bass side, emphasize that string a little more. electronically.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by chiliman14
yeah it makes no difference, the problem is definately not due to the amp (even though my amp is crap lol)

Yeah, it might be string height or even your pick/picking. You should be able to fret your 4th and 5th fret at the same time and have no buzzing on your string. Lower it until you get that buzzing, then raise it very slowly until it stops. Test it will all strings.
That is how you set up your action