Page 1 of 2
I don't know about anyone else but every once in a while i like to play full albums on my bass. These are a few of my favorites:

Origin of Symmetry - Muse
Evil Empire - Rage Against the Machine
Led Zeppelin I - Led Zeppelin
Keasbey Nights - Streetlight Manifesto

What're yours?
Rage Against the Machine title album.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
iron maiden - iron maiden
iron maiden - killers
iron maiden - the number of the beast
iron maiden - piece of mind
ac - dc - back in black
ac - dc - highway to hell
2112 - rush
dark side of the moon - pink floyd
I only know a few albums completely through
Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon; Deja Entendu; The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me
Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by flyingmarlin

+1

There are some great bass lines (and songs in general) on this album.
Dunno if this counts but every now and again I play some of my favourite Chillies songs in a line up. It makes in total about an album's worth but it's not an album album if you get what I mean.

I would love to play Black Holes and Revalations by Muse all the way through but I never have been bothered. Maybe that's a job for the weekend.
BlahBlahBlah
the only bands i know enough of to do that with are muse, the smashing pumpkins, the hives, and the strokes
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Dream Theater : Scenes from a Memory Part 2.

That's always fun.

(And hard.)
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Rage against the machine, The albums Self-titled and Evil Empire. I also love to do the live one, That last gig they did.

Muse - Absolution.

Originally Posted by Draekon

A song im very good at is Raining Blood!
"RAINING BLOOD! from a lacerated sky! Bleed is Horror! I bleed destruction, and now i shall REIGN IN BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Is that what he says?
the only album i know all of is Deathcrush by Mayhem.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
This is a cool thread. I've never thought about just playing an entire album in one sitting. I have created 5-10 song mixes on my iPod and played every song in a row. But it would be cool to play an album front to back. Maybe I'll try it this weekend with Audioslave's self titled.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

Quote by flyingmarlin

+5: also one of my favs
From what I remember (and I haven't played along with RatM in ages) aren't they out of tune on that album somewhere? I always wondered if they'd decided to tune slightly differently, or if they'd tuned relative to one string or if the song was slightly tempo-adjusted in post-production. Then again, maybe I'm thinking of a different album.
What's with all the muse fanboyism O_o

I just finished tabbing the second album of a local band who's looking for a bass player :p
It's the only one I can play all the way through though.

Mad props on playing Led Zep I in it's entirety.
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Metallica- Black Album

Both B4MV albums +Hand of Blood

Coheed and Cambria- In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth III

Iced Earth- Night of the Stormrider and Something Wicked This Way Comes. (Triplets GALORE, get a good finger burn)
John Myung, the bass god with nimble, asian basketweaving fingers! \.../

Quote by Sonis3
+∞

Quote by HelloHalo
Quote by smb
From what I remember (and I haven't played along with RatM in ages) aren't they out of tune on that album somewhere? I always wondered if they'd decided to tune slightly differently, or if they'd tuned relative to one string or if the song was slightly tempo-adjusted in post-production. Then again, maybe I'm thinking of a different album.

Nothing like that as far as I know, just a lot of the songs are in Drop D.
When I was younger, I'd play Iron Maiden "Live After Death" as my endurance exercises. Can't anymore, I wear out by the solo to "Run To the Hills"
Muse - Absolution
Metallica - Ride The Lightning
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

Those are the ones I know, but I like playing artists' bodies of works at a time.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Lynard Skynard-greatest hits (don't remember which GH album it was)

Improving most of the time, though, as I don't remember the actual bass line. (free bird just about killed me )
Nope, no sig here.
Hmm... Cant say Ive tried this... Maybe Ill try this with BTBAM Alaska when I get a 5er even though I know its gonna kick my ass sooo hard.
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
Hmmm....which ones was I able to do....

Tool - Aenima
Tool- Undertow
Tool - Lateralus

Mudvayne - LD 50

Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf

props to RATM, though I don't know EVERY song on that album
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Blood Sugar Sex Magik - RHCP (tabbed it meself)
Quadrophena - The Who
Fragile - YES
In the court of the Crimson King - King Crimson
SCIENCE - Incubus
Frizzle Fry - Primus

basically, whatever I'm feeling at the time. I do hip hop albums now and again, you just gotta be feeling it..
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by silentdob
Hmm... Cant say Ive tried this... Maybe Ill try this with BTBAM Alaska when I get a 5er even though I know its gonna kick my ass sooo hard.

I thought Alaska only had a 4
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by .Anfield
Enema of the State - Blink 182

*Hides*

What! Adam's Song rules!

there ya go mate! It's just that I have to tune my guotar 1 1/2 steps down :\
I love Enema of the State aswell...I play guitar...my bro plays bass...I know every and each song of it...but not my bro xD

the only album I actually played full in 1 time was Dookie from Green day...
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
There's a couple of "Greatest Hits of Motown" albums I've played through, but those are mainly compilations with different artists.

However, one of my guilty pleasures is to plug in a Distortion pedal when I have the house to myself, crank up the amp and run through the Ramones "Rocket to Russia" or "Leave Home" (the version with Carbona not Glue) albums from start to finish. Easy bass playing but really fun, nonetheless.
Songs in the key of life
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
I can nearly play the Entire of Appetite for Destruction; i'm missing a few songs, but its mainly come together by accident; but heck, its good work out.
Custom 4 String P/J-Bass
Zoom B2.1u
Ashdown Thomann Special Edition 180w
Ashdown Perfect 10 Combo

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by Scumbag1792
Origin of Symmetry Muse (go figure lol)
Along with Absolution, and Black Holes.

Diorama - Silverchair

Nice (not that its too hard, just a good choice)

Blood sugar sex magic - red hot chili peppers for me
Quote by smb

Take The Power back is something like a quarter tone flat or sharp of drop D, I can't remember which.

But it's really annoying all the same.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I can really play about 80% of albums you throw at me... I make my own bass lines, stealing note for note off of other players is stupid IMO... It also affects your natural style that you work so ever hard to construct. LEARN TO IMPROV!!!!!!!!

That's not really the question...I can jam along to an awful lot of songs, but that doesn't mean I can play the albums themselves. Probably more valuable being able to improvise a bassline that fits in with the music, but not really what we're discussing.

I'm currently working my way through Dark Side of the Moon (and a mate's trying to put the whole album into one Guitar Pro...), but barring that, whole albums aren't really my thing.
Quote by MV4824
I can really play about 80% of albums you throw at me... I make my own bass lines, stealing note for note off of other players is stupid IMO... It also affects your natural style that you work so ever hard to construct. LEARN TO IMPROV!!!!!!!!

You can still play along with an album without stealing note for note. That would be improv too. Congratulations on making your own bass lines though. Also, playing tabs note for note is a good way to improve your technique, because you can concentrate on it without thinking about theory and such. It also helps because it can often push the boundaries of your abilities. Improvisation can also mean "avoiding that 5 fret stretch".
I still need one or two songs but I like playing what I can from Metallica - Ride the Lightning...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I've never really tried an album all the way through.

I'm currently working on Between the Buried and Me's "Colors", though.
Awakening The Revenant
Deathcore side project: Malevolent

Quote by shavorules42
start with more poppy music with occasional screams and then work your way into emoish crap like a day to remember and so on.
Quote by carrotcake
I've never really tried an album all the way through.

I'm currently working on Between the Buried and Me's "Colors", though.

Viridian is going to be hardcore
Page 1 of 2