I play rhythm in a nu-metal band. I play through an old vintage crate tube amp, which has a thick, ballsy tone that I just love. I need to know which pedals to buy though. I want my sound to be thick, full, and punchy. Here's what I am looking at, but I'm no expert on effects.

Boss ML-2 (Distortion)
Boss CE-5 (Chorus)
Boss NS-2 (Noise Suppressor)

What are your opinions on this set up? What would you add/subtract. And do you know any other effects that would help me get my desired tone? And how useful is an EQ pedal?
What do you need chorus for in a nu-metal band?
And also you should buy a tubescreamer instead of that Ml-2 and use the natural overdrive from the amp + he ts instead.
Won't a slight chorus effect make my guitar sound more full? I don't know it just seems like if its used right it could be pretty awsome. And my amp's natural distortion isn't as metal as I want it to be...
Quote by InTheRain
Won't a slight chorus effect make my guitar sound more full? I don't know it just seems like if its used right it could be pretty awsome. And my amp's natural distortion isn't as metal as I want it to be...

if you want a fuller sound get a reverb pedal, and don't get the ns-2, get a isp decimator. As for the distortion, gl.
EQ pedals are fun, but not necessary. I'd personally change your distortion pedal, but just don't like the Metalcore pedal. If you want a balls to the wall kind of sound, get a tube distortion pedal and a BBE Sonic Maximizer.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
hey lets try to save a little bit of money here jeez. isp decimator? why? its great but if youre a guitarist looking for a few good pedals, thats gonna cost you a bit.
the ML-2 sounds good, but try to think outside of the Boss. okay that wasnt clever at all.
try out some other brands of distortion pedals. Digitech, Line6, MXR, etc.. they make pedals that can get that ballsy, think rhythm sound for the metal guitarist.
for a chorus. the Boss CE-5 sounds good. in my opinion its not as noisy as an Electro-harmonix small clone. but thats about all i know when it comes to chorus pedals.
for a noise supressor/reducer. try out Rocktron. theyve got an affordable Hush stompbox that i use and its great. It cuts back on feedback and hissing but doesnt affect the tone. still can get some nasty pinch harmonics. if youve got the money, get the ISP Decimator. i dont particularly like the Boss NS-2. i sucks the tone out of your amp in my opinion. or i just dont know how to work it well. well whatever just get whatever you want