Poll: How do you wear your guitar?
Poll Options
View poll results: How do you wear your guitar?
Wear it high!
15 20%
Wear it low!
12 16%
In between?
49 64%
Voters: 76.
Do you hang your guitar low and look cool, but sacrafice some playability?

OR do you wear yours high and look like a nerd, but aren't limited at all?

I personally do the first option, and i think most people do, but i just wanted to hear your opinions on this.
I gotta admit, i go low cuz it looks cool, but also FEELS cool - i tend to be more relaxed and able to get into the groove a bit more with it like that....I'm tall though so I need to find a longer strap to fing the perfect setting for me.
^

Same, I'm 5'10 and only 14 so I'd call myself tall....
I wear my strap as low as it goes but my strap isnt very long so it would be in between I guess.
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
I have it high, Pretty damn high. It's the only way I can properly play Mutilate the Stillborn by Necrophgiast. If its at my waist it's hard to finger the frets properly.

but if i'm going to switch it up for some thrash i'll put it lower to my waist
Jackson JS30DK Dinky
Peavey Valveking VK100 with matching cab.
Big Muff
I wear it at my waist. Low is very uncomfortable and I can't get the frets as good. Really high is also equally uncomfortable.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
I play it kind of high(not chest high or anything) since I just can't play very low when it's low.
I keep it in between. Too high is uncomfortable, same for low.
I guess mine's medium-low, but that's because it's comfortable that way. A "normal" height seems awkward to me.
Quote by kyle62
Medium/high.

Wearing your guitar low does not make you look cool.

That's just what people that wear it high say to make themselves feel better....

Really all that matters is what comes out of the speakers at the end of the day. I just feel more comfortable with it low
I do it high, it's hard to do sweeps and shred when the guitar hangs below your toes

I guess it'd be okay for like slow stoner rock, or maybe slower jazz, but for fast and/or technical stuff, higher seems to work.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I like it low- EG my fender strap is at its full extent. I can never look cool anyway so its not for that reason I just prefer it that way.

mainly a rhythm man tho.
Back To Beginner After Years of No Strumming Also Bass Learner

U-G nooB

Sunn Mustang owners- Go Here! Sunn Mustang Owners Group!
To wear it low and sacrifice playability for some small style point is stupid! But at the same time wearing it high isn't make me cool either. I do it in the middle.
I used to wear my SG high, but that was as much to make sure the headstock wouldnt slam into the ground as for playability. Now I have a strat I've dropped the strap slightly but I still wear it high, the neck plate sits right over my belly button.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
I play most of my guitars medium, except for my old Artist, which weighs almost 11 lbs, so I'm forced to put it lower and angle the neck up higher. Otherwise you end up with a huge backache after an hour or so.
82 Ibanez artist ar105
94 Fender MIJ 72 tele custom reissue
04 prs se soapbar singlecut
97 Simon & Patrick pro flame maple
05 Art & Lutherie cedar 12
Custom Strat

68 Fender Super Reverb
78 Traynor TS200
80's Roland Cube20
at my nuts
Gear:
Schecter Synyster Custom
Schecter C-1 Elite
Crate GFX65
Korg Toneworks AX1500G pedal board
Morley Wah pedal
As low as I can comfortably play it.

About hip level, pretty much. I prop it up Slash style for solos, mostly, so that's fine
**** clicked the wrong one i wear it low and i prefer it
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H