Ok, I am looking to get a tube amp this summer, and I have a general idea of what I want. I don't want to spend more than $800, but if I can find something under $500, that would be great. I play almost exclusively dirty blues, and I have an overdrive pedal and a distortion pedal. I am looking specifically for a warm, dark tone.

I am currently looking at:

Peavey Delta Blues 2x10
Fender Blues Deluxe
Epiphone Blues Custom
Peavey Classic 30/50

I haven't played the bolded ones.

The guitar center that I go to also has 2 vintage Ampeg tube combos. I haven't played them, but I am interested and plan on playing them next time I go there.

Also, I was wondering if I should just save for an AC30CC.

I am looking to be gigging around the time that I am getting the amp, and I jam regularly. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I would definately try out the Classic 30/50's.

Never played an AC30CC though

Mayeb try a Fender DeVille? I tried one a while back and loved the overdriven tones.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Fender. Maybe a Hot Rod Deluxe. And I hope that you have something better than the Starcaster. Or its a real Starcaster, not a Target one.
Quote by qotsa1998
Fender. Maybe a Hot Rod Deluxe. And I hope that you have something better than the Starcaster. Or its a real Starcaster, not a Target one.

Actually it's a best buy one, and I have an Ibanez Artcore semi hollow. I'm putting new electronics in the Starcaster soon. And I plan on keeping it for a long time because I like the way that it feels and plays.

I don't like the Hot Rod Deluxe because it's a little too bright for me.

@Stratman- The Deville is 1. Too Big and 2. Too expensive
Quote by imgooley
Actually it's a best buy one, and I have an Ibanez Artcore semi hollow. I'm putting new electronics in the Starcaster soon. And I plan on keeping it for a long time because I like the way that it feels and plays.

I don't like the Hot Rod Deluxe because it's a little too bright for me.

@Stratman- The Deville is 1. Too Big and 2. Too expensive

Oh. Whoops, sorry man, I didn't see your budget on the first pass through *sheepish grin*

You might should just save up for the AC30. If it were me, I would go with the Fenders. But I am a Fender fanboy after all....

Maybe you should try some of the larger Epi amps? I've heard pretty good things about them.
--

--
^Yeah, I'm looking at the Epiphon Blues Custom, but I haven't heard it.
That's the problem with the new Epi's. Not enough stores have them in stock. At least, MY Guitar Center doesn't. Only the VJ

Kinda sucks, because I've heard they do that really gritty OD that it sounds like you're looking for really well.
--

--
That's exactly what I'm looking for. I really don't want something too bright, so I am a bit weary of the Classic 30/50 because I haven't played them. If the Blues Custom is a souped Valve Standard, only bigger, then it might be what I'm looking for.
Quote by imgooley
That's exactly what I'm looking for. I really don't want something too bright, so I am a bit weary of the Classic 30/50 because I haven't played them. If the Blues Custom is a souped Valve Standard, only bigger, then it might be what I'm looking for.

Maybe you should poke around in the Epi VJ group? Some of them may have had experience with it.

I wish I could help you more than telling you to poke around in the group, though.
--

--
It's all good. I have plenty of time before I actually have the dough to get the thing, so all the help I can get beforehand is greatly appreciated.
Quote by gregs1020
I haven't seen the blues custom in stores either. Try the Peavey classic 30/50 though, the 30 I tried was not nearly as bright as the Fenders. They may have the tone you are looking for and you can get them used pretty often cheap.
Check this link for used tube amps in the LA area.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/search/msg?query=tube+amp+&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max

Alright, I'll definitely look. I've been looking around the OC craigslist and a Delta Blues popped up for about 400 bucks, but I didn't have the dough at the time.
The Delta Blues is a very good amp. I got lucky searching craigslist thanks to a control freak wife that had a guy spring cleaning his gear. There are some great deals to be had, today I found an 80 watt traynor for $450. I see a lot of Classic 30's and HRDs these days. Good luck with your search!
Thanks for your help.

Anyone else?
+1 for the Classic 30/50. It's a solid amp.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Edit: Random thought warning!
About the blues custom:
I was watching the george lopez show, and there was an episode where the son plays guitar.
It shows the amp and I think he plays through that.
Quote by imgooley
Thanks for your help.

Anyone else?

Add the Traynor YCV50 Blue to your list.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Try out some old Carvin amps. They are super cheap and they are great amps. Right now, even though I have some really expensive amps, I've been gigging with the Carvin more than anything.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

Quote by PerpetualBurn
Try out some old Carvin amps. They are super cheap and they are great amps. Right now, even though I have some really expensive amps, I've been gigging with the Carvin more than anything.

I saw a Carvin at a pawn shop, but I didn't get a chance to do anything with it because I was busy that day.

@Seagull- What does the Traynor sound like?
Quote by imgooley
I saw a Carvin at a pawn shop, but I didn't get a chance to do anything with it because I was busy that day.

@Seagull- What does the Traynor sound like?

Good cleans and Marshally over drive - quite a bit of gain on tap too. Probably a better bet for you than the AC30 which is quite a bright amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Good cleans and Marshally over drive - quite a bit of gain on tap too. Probably a better bet for you than the AC30 which is quite a bright amp.

I never really thought of the AC30 as bright. It's a class A/B right? And I mainly want it for it's overdrive. When I think bright, I think twin reverb bright.

I've never even seen a Traynor... gotta check my local independent shop.

Does anyone know anything about Ampeg? I might be interested in a J-20
Can anyone else offer any help?
Quote by stangconv
Did you see my ebay links I provided?

Yeah, for those prices, the Traynor looks like a good amp, but I want to try before I buy. And I am looking to get it around next month, or in June.

Does anyone know anything about the Crate V series?