I've been playing for almost 2 years and was just wondering what i should be able to play after this long. I can play some harder Zeppelin like the Dazed and Confused Solo, a little Hendrix and SRV. Also Mood For a Day by Steve Howe and some RHCP. Just wondering if thats about right or if I'm ahead or behind the average guitarist.
Just put in as much effort as you want to. Don't worry about 'where you're at', cos really, not many people give a crap. If you can play what you want to play, then be happy. If you can't, then get practising.
We don't know, and we can't tell you.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
I was stuck in this way of thinking for a while.

There really is no set answer for this. You reap what you sow. If you've practiced your butt off for two years and practiced for hours on end, you're going to be further along than the guy who's done nothing but learn Blink 182 for two years, and vice versa.

Now, if you want to change the question and say "Where were you all at when you'd been playing for two years?" I would have to reply that I was probably around that level.

Besides, peoples' tastes change and that makes it even harder to judge the improvement rate of a player.

For example, I went from all classic rock to metal within a year and my idols went from people like Jimmy Page to Dimebag and I got a lot better for it.

And I don't even know if you're self-taught or not...
Quote by Unofficial
You're right, **** being 15, you guys are all jerks.

Why would you try and state a "defense?" There's no defense for being a plain old ass.

My Roflcopter pwns your Roflcopter

Firm supporter in having a first ever drum forum
dont worry about it u get wut u put in and there will always be someone better than u and some one worse
Well, apparently, i "shouldn't" be able to sweep, or have any skills that are noteworthy at eight months, and it pisses me off when people say that you "shouldn't" be able to do something at a certain level, or "should" be able to. Just go at your own pace, if you think your where you're supposed to be, then you're there. If not, then get there.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by bangoodcharlote
You should be able to walk and speak in complete sentences, but you're not expected to properly use words like "superfluous."

Nicely done.

TS: You should be at a point where you're confident enough that you stop worrying about where you measure up.
Quote by jimmyslashpage
I've been playing for almost 2 years and was just wondering what i should be able to play after this long. I can play some harder Zeppelin like the Dazed and Confused Solo, a little Hendrix and SRV. Also Mood For a Day by Steve Howe and some RHCP. Just wondering if thats about right or if I'm ahead or behind the average guitarist.

Dont worry about it.

It doesn't matter what we think. The only thing that matters is that you enjoy playing.
Quote by GuitarMunky
Dont worry about it.

It doesn't matter what we think. The only thing that matters is that you enjoy playing.

Could not have put it better myself.
if you are happy with how far you have come in 2 years and have achieved what you thought you would then you could say your average. if you achieved more than what you thought you would when you started then you are above average. our opinions don't matter, it's your opinions, and where YOU feel at what level your at. and don't let anyone convince you that you are below what you believe your skill level is.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

pit comments do not belong here. reported.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

wherever you want to be.
If you dont find theory interesting, then DONT study it. IF your TRULY serious about playing guitar(enjoying), then EVENTUALLY you WILL WANT to study it.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
You should be able to walk and speak in complete sentences, but you're not expected to properly use words like "superfluous."

You're farther along than I was after 2 years, though I caught up to you a few months back (now at about 2 years 8 months) because I had a good practice routine down by then and so my playing was improving by leaps and bounds. It's funny though, you play and think you suck and you aren't getting anywhere and then you step back a while later and it's like "wow, when did I learn to do that?" You don't see the improvements because you hear yourself all the time so the small bits add up without you realizing it. It's part of why I record myself playing each week, that way I have a concrete measurement of my progress.