what do you guys think about the hartke A100? i dont need a super loud amp (100 watts is really all ill need for right now) and ive been told 15" speakers are the way to go... but id like to know your opinions anyway... what i really dig about the amp is the seven band eq
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
I have the A20 and, can vouch for its awesomeness. I imagine the big brother would be the same. It's a kickback amp that's set up so you can use it as a stage monitor as well as a main amp...in larger gigs I set mine off to the side of one of the main monitors and DI it straight to the PA system, and it sounds awesome. It also has a 1/4" jack for its internal speaker, so if you need better speakers you can just pull the head out of the cab and rackmount it or something. Might want to cover it though...
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Apr 24, 2008,
Quote by DustyBassist7
u want more smaller speakers... try and get 4x10's

i know but im on a very strict budget because any other money that i get goes towards a lap top... so i have an absolute maximum of 400 to spend... im also looking at the ashdown electric blue 15-180
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13

Quote by SublimeGuitar

I'm looking at the Ashdown 15-180 too. May I ask why you were considering the 100w Hartke over the 180w Ashdown? I haven't heard a whole lot about Hartke. All I know is my Ashdown After Eight practice amp has convinced me to go for a larger Ashdown for my main amp.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

Ah, I see. Thanks for that.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

like i said i really dig the seven band eq compared to ashdown's 4 band eq... but again any personal experience would be helpful
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13

Quote by SublimeGuitar