Neither. They're both solid state, though the Valvestate pretends not to be, so when you turn them up they'll sound terrible. Go for a small valve amp if you can.

What kind of music do you play?

What guitar have you got?

What is your current amp (if any)?

What is your budget?
what else do you have to choose from?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i mean dont you have a budget, a style of music you play?

there are other brands fine for gigging.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Don't get either of those.
A peavey windsor (or other amps along those lines) are more marshall than those pieces of crap.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-Flexwave-Series-FW120HS-120W-HalfStack?sku=481416

More for your money.

Plus I love the sound of crate amps. They use to have a better deal on a nice stack, but I guess they get rid of it. :S
Quote by RazorbackDevil
This man is cool in my book. He apparently likes boobs as much as me.
Quote by cerveza
as does that one.
+1
Quote by .Will.
+100
Quote by Lamrick21
yeah ill +1 that one.

i smell a hate thread brewing!
if you play gigs, AND want a marshall, you have two options:

1. Buy a good, all tube marshall, and pay a pretty hefty price for excellent tones.

2. Buy a ****ty Park amp that has been bought and renamed by Marshall, and pretend that you have good tones, because you won't be getting them from your cheap "marshall."
well i play rock like gnr type stuff

um my budget like like 200 to 250

im gettin a good deals on the marshalls bc i no the guys
There has to be something better for the money. If you provide your budget and style, there are lots of people that would be glad to help you with that.

EDIT: I'm WAY behind. Sorry.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
most places will mic up amps so it's not always necessary to have a huge amp.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
As a General Rule of Thumb. No Marshall under $1000 is worth buying. For the same price as those you could look into those crate tube combos.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
Quote by devonace1993
well i play rock like gnr type stuff

um my budget like like 200 to 250

im gettin a good deals on the marshalls bc i no the guys

Save your money up and hold back on gigging. No point in going out with ****ty tone if you can save up for better tone.
Quote by RazorbackDevil
This man is cool in my book. He apparently likes boobs as much as me.
Quote by cerveza
as does that one.
+1
Quote by .Will.
+100
Quote by Lamrick21
yeah ill +1 that one.

i smell a hate thread brewing!
maybe a used classic 30 or a traynor.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

well if yall dont mind go and take a look at guitar center and check at the used gear and give me some ideas ..i play rock and im lead guitar
Quote by jj1565
maybe a used classic 30 or a traynor.

+10000
I've said this a million times but my classic 50 was $350 used. I bet a classic 30 could fall in the budget range of the TS.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Judging by his username DEVONace, I'll guess that he means 200-250 POUNDS. In which case I'm leaning towards a Peavey ValveKing 112 or a Laney VC-15.
Quote by WCS_Is_Worse1
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-Flexwave-Series-FW120HS-120W-HalfStack?sku=481416

More for your money.

Plus I love the sound of crate amps. They use to have a better deal on a nice stack, but I guess they get rid of it. :S

More what for your money? Crap?

Seriously, stay away from any solidstate stack at that price range.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by devonace1993
but i cant afford to get a small amp like that cuz i play gigs

honestly, if you can afford a marshall MG100DFX you can afford a valve amp capable of gigging.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Your so close yet 'feel' so far from getting a cool amp. If you have 250, you are "around the corner" from being able to get a decent tube amp - even a Used Marshall. I have seen the Peavey Classic 50 (I think??) on Craig's List for $325. And this was asking price. If you can hold on a little longer, you can really get so much more. I know this sucks and is easier to preach then actually do...LOL!

I very recently went to my local GC and tried one of these famous MG's. I had to hear these things, after hearing so much smack talked about them here on UG. IMHO ... they are NOT a bad as people make them out to be on this site. However, they seem geared toward practice amps...that look cool - more than really sound very good. I have tried quite a few amps in my days, and would not personally ever get an MG - although I am glad to have tried one.

Good luck and I think you will get more "long-term" satisfaction from decent tube amplification. As a last resort, you may want to try out the VOX Valvetronix (SP?) or the Roland cube...as they do sound better than an MG (IMHO) and cost around the same.
Palomino v16.

Honestly, this thing was made for you.

Plus, it's right in your budget.

If you can't find one, a crate v18 would be good too.
They're pretty similar.
Quote by devonace1993
no its dollars

Well yay for logic

You're not going to get much for 250$ my friend, I'd keep saving.