I checked the killswitch thread, but I could not find one for this type of situation/switch.
Ok guys, Sorry for making another thread, but ok heres the story.

I bought a 3 allparts toggle switch(NOTE THAT THERE ARE THREE CONNECTOR AREAS ON THAT SWITCH TO SOLDER TO).:

Now I only have on pickup, a bridge pickup(dimarzio). What I wanted to do is only wire it so that the bridge position on the switch works and when you switch it to anything else, it kills the sound(like a killswitch). I was trying to wire it and stuff, but I couldnt get it to work. I think I was doing something wrong, because when I wired it it was getting regular sound out of all three positions. But that could not be the only problem. Please help on wiring this!

Thank you!
Last edited by GuitarEvan07 at Apr 24, 2008,
Little bit confused. Added a pic of the switch. Let me stare at your picture a little longer.
Quote by GuitarEvan07
Little bit confused. Added a pic of the switch. Let me stare at you pic a little longer.

My pic shows an SG style switch from the bottom, basically.

On one end, you have ONE lug - that's the ground for the unit.

On the other end, you have FOUR lugs - the first is for one input, the second and third join together and are soldered to an output, and the fourth is the other input.

Instead of wiring so that you have two sources, and one output (eg. two pickups -> controls), you need to wire it so that you have ONE input (the pickup) and two outputs (one to the pots, and the other to ground and 'kill' the signal). On the first position, the pickup circuit will complete. On the second and third positions, it will be grounded.
Thanks! Understand what you said, but one problem. I have 2 lugs on one side of the switch and 1 on the other. Then what?
I really appreciate your help. I got really frustrated with my wiring.
BTW, you can count on me to respond very quick. sitting here at the computer
Quote by GuitarEvan07
Thanks! Understand what you said, but one problem. I have 2 lugs on one side of the switch and 1 on the other. Then what?
I really appreciate your help. I got really frustrated with my wiring.
BTW, you can count on me to respond very quick. sitting here at the computer

One minute, I'll draw a picture.
Thanks man! Oh, and for clarification, the volume pot has 3 lugs, and im not using a tone pot or a 5 way switch.
Quote by GuitarEvan07
Thanks man! Oh, and for clarification, the volume pot has 3 lugs, and im not using a tone pot or a 5 way switch.

Here's what I mean about the switch:

I'll draw up a wiring diagram of the other stuff.
Ok, thanks. Is that box with the circle around it the volume pot lol? Also, you circled both lugs on the switch. Which ones go where? Also, why is the ground a big Rectangle? Are you referring to putting it on the top of the volume pot? heres a pic that looks similar to the pot im using:
Quote by GuitarEvan07
Ok, thanks. Is that box with the circle around it the volume pot lol? Also, you circled both lugs on the switch. Which ones go where? Also, why is the ground a big Rectangle? Are you referring to putting it on the top of the volume pot? heres a pic that looks similar to the pot im using:

No dude, like this:

That's the view from the bottom.

ALSO, Remember, there are only 2 lugs on the other side. 1 on one side and 2 on the other.
Man, can you take a picture of the switch that you have, with the pot next to it? I'll draw onto that.

Edit: Does it look like this from the bottom?

That's the switch in my V.
Last edited by -MintSauce- at Apr 24, 2008,
Oh my gosh~ I get it! Just looked didnt realize that there are really 4 lugs! Thanks so much! Im going to go try it! One last question(hopefully). The picture above one of the writings says "solder wire volume pot". Where on the volume pot? Thanks! no need for a pic. You've gone through enough trouble! You're the best!