It would be really swell if guys like Matt/Randy/Evan (the only ones I know of that I think have been published) would post here, but I have questions.

How do you get yourself noticed? As a poet, I mean. The competition route and win recognition? Or do you have links to the business that have hooked you up?

It's open to anyone, really, but those three guys are the only published ones I'm aware of. My bad if it's different.

Any answers I think would be apprciated by a lot of people here.

Thanks if any one does.
This is exactly what I'm looking for, thanks Jammy.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Well I'v been wondering lately, I've sent out a few e-mails today to local mags and the like and a awaiting replies. Also entered into some competition.

I'd just like to be read, lol.
Maybe take a picture of your work + upload to youtube as a slideshow with some mood-setting music.

Who knows, you could be the next Tay Zonday.
I've had a couple of really bad poems published in really bad books. Competitions.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Maybe if I just went down to the library, made copies of my lifes work, and slipped them into books. I could do the same thing, just instead of poems use genitalia.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Ooh, I want to know this.

Albeit, I'm too young to really get into this sorta stuff, but I really want to get something in print at least once.
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
Send PMs to those three guys.

(and then demand they post their answers here, too)
Saam16 was published in a compendium called 'soul disclosure' it's available on Amazon.
Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.
Quote by The Hurt Within
Saam16 was published in a compendium called 'soul disclosure' it's available on Amazon.

link me plz? (there's a few different books)