It's not done yet, but I put an ending on it anyways so it doesn't sound as incomplete. This is the first song that I'm going to write that won't have a solo, at least I plan on it, but the whole song has a shred vibe.

I finished it now. I decided not to make it another 11 minute random barrage of riffs so I ended it kind of short. It's still C4C if you want
Attachments:
dark prog.zip
dark prog 2.zip
Last edited by dervishguitar at Apr 25, 2008,
46 to the end was my favorite part by far.
But up to 46 was nice too.
Really good song. I liked the vibe it gave off.
8/10 because the drums felt a little weak.
Quote by Garb
46 to the end was my favorite part by far.
But up to 46 was nice too.
Really good song. I liked the vibe it gave off.
8/10 because the drums felt a little weak.

How could I fix the drums. I'm not really good at writing drum tracks by the way.
I'd say this song was a mix between Dream Theater, D.R.I and Megadeth, it combined the best elements of the mentioned bands, overall I dug it alot.

I feel though that the song needed a faster section to pummel the listener with, maybe at the end? I don't know. I feel like it needs to launch into full speed thrash attack stuff after the sweeping outro is over.

8/10

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=842441
Quote by dervishguitar
How could I fix the drums. I'm not really good at writing drum tracks by the way.

Not really sure how to fix the drums.. They just sounded weak to me.
Practice makes you better at it though, so keep trying.
I'm usually not a fan of modern hardcore mixing with metal, but that sounded awesome.
Maybe U2 wouldn't suck so hard if they stopped preaching and started rocking instead. Of course, that's difficult to do with Pantera holding a near monopoly on all things that rock.
-Maddox.
The intro was amazing with the bass. =] Hooked me in straight away.
Yeah, I would fix the drums at bit, make them..heavier, more energitic, more...fun? idk. I can't really talk because I can't do drum tabs xD

It was awesome though =] the riffs were brilliant.

8.5/10

crit mine? metalsongone
The gear.
Schecter S1 Diamond series.
ESP NV.
Randall G3 200W
Dunlop cry-baby wah (finally)
Line 6 spider III 15x (Small but deadly)
Wow, that was really good, the bass intro was really good and the riffs were great! Especially the string skipping legato type riff.

I think to make your drums a bit more aggresive, you could have included some blast beats and more fills and created a "thicker" wall of sound with the bass songs, the double bassing sort of went along with some parts of the song, which is useful, but having a separate beat can also do wonders for your songs.

The sort of pause before another drum hit was nice to add to the dark feeling but on the faster bits, heavier, faster drummer could have helped give a more aggressive atmosphere.

8.8/10, good job! Keep it up!

Crit my blues song please?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=846264
I've been looking at the drum tracks for like a day now and still have no idea what to do with them. I hope it's not too much to ask but could someone just change up some of the drums a bit so I have an idea of what you guys might think sounds better.

I'd still like some regular crits though.

thanks.
That was great. Sweet riffs. Sounded a lot like Between the Buried and Me, only with less blast beats.... do you listen to them?

Make it longer.
I'm a person.
that was insane, it took a while to get goin, i loved it from quick verse tho, awesome riff love 7/8 stuff, the stuff from 53 was exactly the kinda stuff i like to listen to and write, wierd melodies with odd timing and stuff. genious. then it broke into the rock styled thing which was great, very BTBAM influenced riffage. didnt like the breakdown that followed but the piano thing was awesome. and the following distortion riff.

the sweep section was flawless, great use of sweeps and the progression was epic.

loved it.

Mind checking out mine? similar sort of thing.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=843448
I liked that one, the hard rock riff did really stand out. My only complaint are the drums. They don´t have the "groove" they should have for this kind of music.

A good 8/10 Nice Sweeps btw!

Maybe crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=848886
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
Blast beat = Very fast alternate snare - bassdrum drumming
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
Wow nice peice liked the 11/8 riff part the most nice variation though a quiter clean beat in the middle could make for an epic ending. Also i know youll hate it but ur drums just sounded really thin you could probs use double kick in the last part to add some really pound and grind to your song, It fits ur genre. a solid 8.5 should be sick with lyrics
C4C https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=14032246#post14032246
Quote by Roc8995
I ran into some fingering issues. I can get it up to speed the way I've been fingering it, but I'm wondering if you guys have any better ideas, because it seems like there should be an easier way to finger this.

Don't worry there is Roc, there is