So I have some no-name combo I bought at a yard sale for $120. I don't like the distortion channel on it and never use it, but I absolutely LOVE the clean channel on it.

So my question is, would I be able to somehow detach the speaker from the head part, put the head and reverb tank in a new cabinet by itself, and just use the line out straight into a PA system when I play live? If I could do this, it would let me carry the head itself in my bag with my pedals whenever I do have to play, would save me the trouble of lugging around a 40 pound combo once or twice a month, and would give me some room onstage that the amp and cables take up. Or would this be a stupid thing to do?

I'm fine with using the amp without doing this, but I was wondering if I could do this just for more portability.
possible: yes
practical: no

theres really no point to turning it into a head without a speaker cause then you can only use it with a PA. And if you think "then ill make it a stack"- my friends Mesa 2x12 stack sucks to carry- its alot worse than a combo
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
I play on an acoustic at home, and I have no need for a stack because when I do play live, there's a PA provided like 95% of the time.

There's no speaker out on the back, so I wouldn't be able to turn it into a stack without doing some mods to the amp itself.
if thats what you wanna do, go ahead, just dont electricute urself

actually- seriously be careful with amps, its very easy to electricute urself when workin' on them...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Yeah, I know... I'm just gonna be putting the head and reverb tank in a new enclosure, but I'll still be careful.

Amps are dangerous lil' pieces of electronics...
Can you electrocute yourself if it isn't plugged in? Oh do the capacitors store charge?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
yeah, they hold charge and tube is worse than SS cause the tubes hold charge to- gettin shocked by a 12AX7 aint fun...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking