The reason I ask is because I wanna try to grab a tube amp, but I have zero cash. What sort of money you think I can get for my Roland Cube 60? If I dump some of my old equipment, I'm hoping I can get enough for like a blackheart or something.

Stuff I have to get rid of is my cube 60, a les paul special II, and a squier bullet. I know, the guitars are junk, but that's why I wanna get rid of em'.

Also, I currently have an agile ghost and an agile hornet with emg 81/85 combos, a minimuff, a fish and chips eq, and a korg AX5G. Think I could spring for an amp that would sound ok for metal with what I have?
Half of what it's worth or a little less than half if they stock them.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
if your going for a big boy amp no chance but if your going for a combo you may get one by the skin of your teeth
They'll give you maybe 50 for the LP, 30 for the bullet, maybe 80-100 for the Roland. These are generous estimates. They may not even take the Bullet.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
they say right out that theyll give you half of what theyll turn around and sell it for
Your best bet is to sell locally on something like Craigslist, or possibly the 'Bay. Then, put THAT cash towards your GC purchases.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Gotcha, thanks for the help guys. Never sold gear before. Do you think it's worth it to even go through all the trouble? Am I gonna even get a better tone out of a smaller tube amp than my cube?
Quote by tkozuch
Gotcha, thanks for the help guys. Never sold gear before. Do you think it's worth it to even go through all the trouble? Am I gonna even get a better tone out of a smaller tube amp than my cube?

Wattage isn't really an issue. I got a hell of a lot better tone out of my Palomino than my old Marshall MG, even though it was 5 watts (tube) vs. 10 watts (SS). Now, on my Tiny Terror, it gets even better tone, especially on the 7 watt mode, even though it's a mere two watts more than the Palomino.

As for the selling of gear, it's certainly worth it. That's how I offed an old Squier Bullet, my MG, and a small Fender battery-powered amp, and put the money towards my TT.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
I say- save up and get want you want - it's nice to have a couple of beaters around to keep in alternate tunings and experiment with-practice surgery on and generally abuse. Sell your girlfriend's jewelry not your guitars.
I wish I could save up, but I just bought a new house, so I'm broke. That's why I'm trying to go the selling old stuff route. I'm thinking one of those blackheart mini stacks, they are only like $300, but they are way less wattage than my cube 60.. Will that make a big difference? I don't gig at all, just a bedroom metal-head
Quote by tkozuch
I wish I could save up, but I just bought a new house, so I'm broke. That's why I'm trying to go the selling old stuff route. I'm thinking one of those blackheart mini stacks, they are only like $300, but they are way less wattage than my cube 60.. Will that make a big difference? I don't gig at all, just a bedroom metal-head

Its less wattage but probally about the same loudness. Tube amps due to harmonic qualitys sound a lot louder then SS amps. So that should be fine... And sound really nice for bedroom use..
They are gonna rake you over the coals on gear. I am trying to get rid of an ampeg bass stack in immaculate condition, and they wanted to give me 30% of what eBay wanted. I walked out. I never shop at GC...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by FLCLcowdude
They are gonna rake you over the coals on gear. I am trying to get rid of an ampeg bass stack in immaculate condition, and they wanted to give me 30% of what eBay wanted. I walked out. I never shop at GC...

30% and they used the ebay tactic thats a ruff on...

No one should base pricing off of ebay... To much sniping going on so the consumer gets a bad deal GC wins. Or someone with a whole lot of money says hey ill pay 5 times what its worth for personal reasons and then GC gets the bad deal. That last part never works though because they cross refrence but they wont skip a beat to us it in there favor.

Also checkout this website its a good tool for selling and buying gear.. http://www.prepal.com/
Quote by IbanezPsycho
30% and they used the ebay tactic thats a ruff on...

No one should base pricing off of ebay... To much sniping going on so the consumer gets a bad deal GC wins. Or someone with a whole lot of money says hey ill pay 5 times what its worth for personal reasons and then GC gets the bad deal. That last part never works though because they cross refrence but they wont skip a beat to us it in there favor.

Also checkout this website its a good tool for selling and buying gear.. http://www.prepal.com/

Yeah, GC is crooked as hell. That is why I refuse to do business with them.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.