I have found a Bandit 112 for 350$-ish at a local store. I play stuff from Pantera to Norma Jean and Job for a Cowboy so I need to get heavy. Also, I'm considering about joining a band, so it would need to handle small 50-100 people gigs with a drummer. It is 80 watts, solid state. Should I go for gold?
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Bah... You can get a better, louder amp at that same price.
Go for a valveking or something.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Didn't like the Vk without a dist pedal, and it was still not great.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

I have a bandit 112 right now. I play in a metalcore band and I've played a couple gigs larger than the ones you say you will use it for.

It will put out enough volume but it's going to feedback like crazy at high volume high gain. The tone is not going to be that amazing but it will get the job done without sounding like total vomit.

I would just save your money though man. You'd be much better off either buying a used tube amp or ... actually no or's. Just save up for a tube amp. If you're lucky you can find a 5150 on craigslist or ebay for around 500. Also look into B52s AT series, and peavey Ultras.

You should also check out Bugera amps if you can find a dealer somewhere around you. They're inexpensive tube amps (New 212 120 watt combo for $550 you can't beat that.) It may not last you a life time but it is still more bang for your buck than the bandit would be. Just make sure you thoroughly try out anything before you buy. The more time you spend in the shop tinkering around with something; the less surprise there will be when you get home.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
I think he did have some, I'll check back. But could anyone suggest some things?

Last edited by Pinky19 at Apr 24, 2008,
I've tried it in a local store. I thought there are still better amps. I would get a tube amp instead.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Old Peavey Bandits were the amp of choice for early 90s Norwegian metal bands, for better or worse.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
350 dollars? Maybe 35... They're not that good.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I masturbated in front of a mirror and I pretended Bob Barker was giving me a handjob.

Quote by Bazilisck311

You know you're a guitar player if the pianist at your wedding plays "Eruption"
Quote by Pinky19
Didn't like the Vk without a dist pedal, and it was still not great.

So....did you like the Bandit without a disto pedal?

imo - i would re-evaluate the valveking combo for around $400 new. it is hella loud.

Bartdevil_metal posted some sound clips today that sounded pretty damn good to me.

;