I just got done performing the other night for a school show, and it went pretty well. I've been practicing the 3 songs that I played for about 3 or 4 months now; and any practicing I've been doing is just playing the songs over and over again. I have not really been practicing my scales or learning theory or any good stuff like that, and I am ready to (hopefully) start actually practicing again.

The problem is, my practicing is usually not very good even when I'm not practicing old songs. I'll practice a few scales and then start noodling. And I usually will stop playing the guitar as soon as I'm finished noodling. This usually results in a very unefficient practice session.

I'm fairly busy this time of year with my schooling and other activities, but I think I should be able to get a good solid 30-45 practice session around 4 or 5 days a week.

I was wondering what would be a good way to spend that time?

I will give you a quick rundown of my theory knowledge:

Open Maj and minor chords
Closed Maj, minor, and all 7th chords
Various major scale positions (but they aren't comitted to memory)
Minor Pentatonic box positions
Tidbits on chord construction

Things like that. I've been practicing my improvisation, but it's been getting very very repetitive because of my limited fretboard knowledge. I can usually find root notes okay, but I can't get to them as fast as I'd like.

To make a long story short, what would be a good practice schedule for me? I'm learning rock and blues soloing, but I'd love to mix it up and learn some jazz eventually.

I'd surely just get a jazz instructor if I could, but there are none in my area and many websites that I've gone to don't give me a good way to spend my time practicing.

Any help would be very much appreciated
just write down what you want to learn and set a reasonable amount of time to practice it each day, like a schedule for practice. put it in an easy to see spot in your practice space, and it will motivate you to practice. also have a a list of things you want to learn, as you learn it and think "yeah i've learned this to the best of my ability" then cross it off the list, but remember always keep adding to the list.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

I tend to keep my ears open for songs that sound challenging and/or include techniques that I'm not great at.

I then spend a couple hours (sometimes over a couple of days) learning that song start to finish. Once I have it down pretty good, I use it as my "warm-up" song for guitar sess's. As soon as it becomes so easy that I play it flawlessly after starting completely cold, I know it's time to move on to another one.

For what I like, Dream Theater songs are the best.

If you can really play 5 days/week and you're looking for an intense practice regimen to keep every one of your skills at the sharpest, then this isn't the best idea. But if you're more likely to practice only 3 or so times per week, this is a great way to build and maintain techniques.
Don't a TIME oriented practice session. Have a GOAL oriented session. Set a realistic goal eg. Learn this lick at 120bpm at the end of this session. You might want to set a few goals each practice. Make it realistic. You practice might take 15 minutes to achieve this goal (unlikely) or it might take 5 hours. Set a goal.