I'm really into old school thrash metal and punk and I was wondering if anybody knew which states/cities are big on that? because I'm going to finish school soon and I'm want to move out somewhere where I can start a band with those type of influences. if anybody has any suggestions that would rule. thanks.
Havok are from Colorado.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
What Instrument do you play? California is always a good start. The band I'm in has some older thrash metal influence, not real hardcore but some of the originals, along with others. The metal scene is everywhere you just have to look around to find it.
Stephen @ Relapse
neither of those genres are going to have really big scenes anywhere, if you want that type of music go to New York or LA where everything under the sun has at least some following.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by metalrhoads
if you come to Los Angeles we could start a thrash band

or maybe we can?
The thrash scene isn't as big as it once was, but most good thrash bands came from the bay area
Honestly, Tampa's somewhat alright with that scene. Just don't go and play that stereotypical 80s thrash type of thing. My band plays a more modern style of thrash, and Tampa seems to really get into it. We have a few other local guys who are doing decently well. It's just hard to break out of that death metal mold Tampa always had.
Quote by tehbensonzorz
Bay Area CA.

This.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Does anyone else realize that most of the real heavy, I mean HEAVY death/black metal bands come from either switzerland... or kansas?