ok i was sitting at my computer browsing forum and i read one which started my brain togo all domino effect on me, and i got to thinking
what was the first band to get the van halen hairmetal effect going with the current pop/punk/emoish/kinda of not good music scene , i e FoB, PAnic at the disco, armor for sleep, and quite a few others, im not insulting them because i actuallly think PatD is quite a good band, but i was just wondering who twas the first band to get wide stream success and everyone else started copying the formula just like hair metal did to van halen, just a questrion my mind cant answer, i guess you can say the same about the grunge/ post grunge scene as well, but hey i dont no, anyone has any ideas id like to hear them
wut?
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by F8iscruel
ok i was sitting at my computer browsing forum and i read one which started my brain togo all domino effect on me, and i got to thinking
what was the first band to get the van halen hairmetal effect going with the current pop/punk/emoish/kinda of not good music scene , i e FoB, PAnic at the disco, armor for sleep, and quite a few others, im not insulting them because i actuallly think PatD is quite a good band, but i was just wondering who twas the first band to get wide stream success and everyone else started copying the formula just like hair metal did to van halen, just a questrion my mind cant answer, i guess you can say the same about the grunge/ post grunge scene as well, but hey i dont no, anyone has any ideas id like to hear them

I can handle the poor sentence structuring. I can handle the bad grammar. But when I got to this, I had to stop.

I don't know who started the whole "Van Halen Hair metal effect going on with the current music scene, although I'm guessing that it was probably Van Halen's fault. A band that likes Van Halen tries to imitate them, ends up getting signed, and then BAM. All down hill from there.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
Motley Crue.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Ok, I was sitting at my computer, browsing a forum, when I read a topic which got me thinking, "Which band was first to use the Van Halen hair-metal effect in the modern Pop/Punk/Emo genres?" So, I was just wondering which band was the the first to get achieve recognition/success, and thus lead other bands to attempt this effect.

Fixed, I think. I did my best.
Quote by NotAGuitarHero
I can handle the poor sentence structuring. I can handle the bad grammar. But when I got to this, I had to stop.

I don't know who started the whole "Van Halen Hair metal effect going on with the current music scene, although I'm guessing that it was probably Van Halen's fault. A band that likes Van Halen tries to imitate them, ends up getting signed, and then BAM.
All down hill from there.

*Clears throat* Grammar Nazi!!!!
Quote by SharpSpoon
I think I can safely say I would still bang her knowing this information.

Lmao ^

Grundy0 > Cancer!
why do people always critique my sentence structure just because i dont like to articullate myself when im typing online in a forum where i really dont think articullating myself isnt that important as for the question what i meant was as follows
as many of you may recall van halen were the starters of the hair metal genre in the mainstream eye, but hair metal got oversaturated and boring, and it made me start thinking of the current mainstream musci scene, bands such as FoB, Panic at the disco, armor for sleep, and countless other bands that do not sound all that good to myself, and i was just wandering if anyone knew who started the mainstream oversaturation of the music genre
Quote by schecter_r0cker
*Clears throat* Grammar Nazi!!!!

you can't fix a building that was built wrong
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by F8iscruel
why do people always critique my sentence structure just because i dont like to articullate myself when im typing online in a forum where i really dont think articullating myself isnt that important

It obviously is important if you want people to understand what the f*ck you are saying. "articulate" btw
Quote by F8iscruel
why do people always critique my sentence structure just because i dont like to articullate myself when im typing online in a forum where i really dont think articullating myself isnt that important as for the question what i meant was as follows
as many of you may recall van halen were the starters of the hair metal genre in the mainstream eye, but hair metal got oversaturated and boring, and it made me start thinking of the current mainstream musci scene, bands such as FoB, Panic at the disco, armor for sleep, and countless other bands that do not sound all that good to myself, and i was just wandering if anyone knew who started the mainstream oversaturation of the music genre

Correction: Correct grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure are VERY important online, because it reflects on what kind of personality you have. Plus its easier to read which thus means people are more likely to read what you've written. $50 says that somebody would rather read what I'm typing than what you're typing based solely on organization.

Also, you can't articulate on the internet. Articulation refers to sounds/enunciation while speaking. You can't enunciate online, because there's no sound.

</grammarnazi>

For your ACTUAL question, I wouldn't lump all bands together for "nowadays" just because they have the same look. FoB is no PatD. Some bands have similar roots in music history and where their influences come from. Its just that mainstream music has gone from Classic Rock to Metal to Punk to Rap to Current music. Each era of music had its oversaturation of bands (just look at the Metal scene, dear lord there were a lot of bad bands during that time) which can cause everyone to sound like noise instead of having some bands shine. Sometimes you have to dig through **** before you find a diamond. A ****-covered, ghastly, revolting-smelling diamond.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
if you want people to show you respect and help you, you might want to articulate yourself enough that people will give a damn about what your asking.
mmkay?
mmkay
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
just so you know articulation can apply to online typeing because it is a from of enunciation, only its not a spoken form its a written one. also i dont really care ifsomeone would rather read your response to my thread because it honestly makes you come off as an a-hole, nto saying you are one jsut saying its what you come off as.
Its okay, I am one. I'm a bit of a grammar nazi when it comes to typing because the keyboard has a period key, comma key, (semi)colon key, and a shift key. You're able to use all of those. Don't take it personally though, it's not you that's bothering me, just the way you type :p.
Quote by top shelf

Quote by Tubyboulin
Quote by F8iscruel
just so you know articulation can apply to online typeing because it is a from of enunciation, only its not a spoken form its a written one. also i dont really care ifsomeone would rather read your response to my thread because it honestly makes you come off as an a-hole, nto saying you are one jsut saying its what you come off as.

Well then think of articulation in the real, spoken world. If you articulated like this "Oooo-ahhh-keee-iiii-arrrgh!" you would come across as an idiot, whether you found the articulation to be important or not.