Theyre a pain in the ass to maintain. Breaking a string on a guitar with a floyd rose is a horrible experience. I almost cried. I enjoy my floyd rose, but i wish i had another guitar that wasn't such a pain in my ass. Especially since i use many tunings.
"He can dance if he wants too, he can leave his friends behind..."

Quote by Tsucchi
Because nothing is sexier than a man with a mouth full of crayons.
wrong webite man... most of UGs metalheads (like 80%) would kill for a OFR on their guitar...

literally kill.
i love FRs i wish i owned a guitar with a FR .... i was abt to get 1, but then i didnt know how to restring or maintain them.... but now i made my mind up tht i'll learn how to resting etc... but i will get a guitar with a FR if its the last thing i do!!!
cant resist playin them dimebag squeals!!!
Quote by just17n8
wrong webite man... most of UGs metalheads (like 80%) would kill for a OFR on their guitar...

literally kill.

Fact. Even if it is a pain in the ass to maintain... fuck! OFRs are just amazing.
Quote by deaththrashcore
Fact. Even if it is a pain in the ass to maintain... fuck! OFRs are just amazing.

thats what im talking about!!!!!
Quote by selkies
i dont like floyd rose tremelos i love zr tremelos

I would love a guitar with a zr on it!
Quote by just17n8

literally kill.

Pfft... OFR...

Lo-Pro Edge FTW!!!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
OFR, also known as the reason I play my Epiphone instead of my Kramer. Floyd Roses are a pain in the arse.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I love my floyd. People make it out to be complete hell to maintain it, but it is not that bad, unless you are changing tunings alot(like open tunings then standard then D standard) but mine is either in standard or dropped D(I have it so the fine tuner can be adjusted to both).
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Quote by selkies
i dont like floyd rose tremelos i love zr tremelos

Except the arm holder breaks pretty easily.

Floyd Rose is sometimes a pain to tune. But if you have the best ones like OFR or, lo pro or edge pros, it wouldn't that hard to maintain.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by MatrixClaw
Pfft... OFR...

Lo-Pro Edge FTW!!!

+1

I love my lo pro better than my previous zr trem.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Original edge > Lo-Pro.

For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by .arkness:.
Original edge > Lo-Pro.

No way! Lo-Pro > All!

Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
i have a LFR and its i still love it but i really am considering putting in an OFR does anyone know if i would be a significant inprovment
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

Quote by angusslashdime
i have a LFR and its i still love it but i really am considering putting in an OFR does anyone know if i would be a significant inprovment

If it's for your Dean, most likely. My experiences with their trems hasn't been so great and they feel really cheap to me (imo).
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
ok sweet thanks could you rcomend a good modal
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

my guitar has a floyd rose copy on it. i wish it didnt... its a real pain and i dont use it all that much. Just about all i do with it is the occasional dive bomb.
gross generalisation, but most people who dislike floyds either (a) don't use the trem much (in which case why did you buy a guitar with a trem?), (b) have a cheapo crappy licenced copy (in which case try a good one before making your mind up), (c) prefer a more vintage tremolo (which is fair enough) or (d) change tunings a lot (which, granted, is a lot harder).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
gross generalisation, but most people who dislike floyds either (a) don't use the trem much (in which case why did you buy a guitar with a trem?), (b) have a cheapo crappy licenced copy (in which case try a good one before making your mind up), (c) prefer a more vintage tremolo (which is fair enough) or (d) change tunings a lot (which, granted, is a lot harder).

(e) just don't understand how it works.
touche.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I hear when you bend a string on a floyd rose guitar that the adjacent strings go out of tune. i've never played one but it sounds like bad news for a guy like me that does a lot of string bends
that happens on any guitar with a floating trem, not just a floyd. you can accomodate that with a slight change in technique...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by junglej25
I hear when you bend a string on a floyd rose guitar that the adjacent strings go out of tune. i've never played one but it sounds like bad news for a guy like me that does a lot of string bends

True, that's one of the downsides with an FR. You learn to work your way around it, though. You just have to bend the other string a little to compensate. The only times it's actually a problem for me is when playing an open string while bending another.
Quote by junglej25

Get an Ibanez. I hear BOTH RG and S series now have that system thing so the trem doesn't move during bends.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
What about a Jackson RR3 with a LFR? any problems with the Jackson Floyd?
Quote by Smokey Amp
Aren't all voiceovers performed by Morgan Freeman?

I thought that was like a law or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1KI2Bxcx8M
^^^^ Please watch this! we need more views to win $20 000!
well it's not as good as one of the really good ones e.g. ofr, schaller, gotoh, edge etc.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?