I'm pretty sure I want to get this guitar in the next month or so, since my birthday is coming up and I will have plenty of money to spend. I've been playing guitar for about a year now and I'm kind of a guitar noob still but I can play a few songs and I love playing any rock/metal riffs and such and it's basically all I want to play.

Right now I'm using a Fender Starcaster (yes, I know everyone thinks this guitar is trash, and it goes out of tune after about 10 minutes, but it's my first and only guitar so don't bash it) and a Crate GLX 65 amp with a Ibanez Smashbox pedal hooked up.

So my questions are:

Is it easy to do pinch harmonics?

Does it have a fast fretboard?

Do the strings stay in tune for awhile?

Does it have a good metal/rock tone?

And I don't need any recommendations for other guitars that are $600 or whatever because I don't want to go over $300 right now so that's why I was attracted to the RG2EX1...
There is a simple answer for all your questions, it is yes. It is a really cool intermediate guitar.
Quote by podliver

So my questions are:

Is it easy to do pinch harmonics?

Does it have a fast fretboard?

Do the strings stay in tune for awhile?

Does it have a good metal/rock tone?

And I don't need any recommendations for other guitars that are $600 or whatever because I don't want to go over $300 right now so that's why I was attracted to the RG2EX1...

1: Meh, as much as any other guitar with mediocre pickups.

2:VERY fast fret board, its very good if you have smaller hands, super thin neck.

3: Strings stay in tune as good as any intermediate guitar will.

4: Tone depends mainly on your amp. a humbucking pickup alone should do rock well, Metal will depend on your amp mainly. It is a very good start place for getting a good rock or metal tone.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Pinched Harmonics aren't easy to do on any guitar, but the Ibanez humbuckers do make it easier than a strat or similar guitar.

It has one of the fastest fretboards for the money (Ibanez is known for these).

The strings stay in tune for a long time.

It has a great metal/rock tone, especially with a good amp and distortion. It can also make fairly good clean sounds.

Overall Ibanez makes very good intermidiate guitars for about $300-500, as well as awesome professional guitars for $1000+
Quote by evh1776
Pinched Harmonics aren't easy to do on any guitar, but the Ibanez humbuckers do make it easier than a strat or similar guitar.

It's extremely easy to do it on any guitar as long as you have the technique down you can do it on an acoustic without any problem. Humbuckers don't make it easier to get pinch harmonics at all, I find they sound much better through my amp with my strat than with my SG, but that doesn't mean I can't get them on both. Good pickups might make them sound better but they most definitely don't make it so you can or can't get them.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
well i have the 3EX...which is unbelievable

to answer the questions according to mine...
1) yeah
2) HELL YES!!!!! ridiculously fast
3) if you consider weeks long..then yes
4) that's why RG's are made my friend

so i'm assuming it will be not too far off from the 2EX...good luck
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by evh1776

It has one of the fastest fretboards for the money (Ibanez is known for these).

The strings stay in tune for a long time.

It has a great metal/rock tone, especially with a good amp and distortion. It can also make fairly good clean sounds.

Overall Ibanez makes very good intermidiate guitars for about $300-500, as well as awesome professional guitars for $1000+

Thanks for the answers, I have a strat and I can do pinch harmonics on it but they should be easier on the Ibanez. And an intermediate guitar is good enough for me, I'd probably only upgrade to a pro guitar when I'm old and gray and have lots of cash