Ok, lately when i plug in my guitar to the amp, i get a weird crackling sound in the background. I can hear the guitar fine, but the crackling is annoying. I don't have any effects on, so that's not it. the gain's turned down and everything i could think of that could be causing it is turned off. Any ideas to what this could be and how i can fix it? thanks.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
buy new one
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

URL=http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ar gentina
i usually check the pickups, the output on the guitar, the actual plugs on the cord (sometimes you can tighten it) and the input on the amp. if all else fails, just get a new cord.
you most likely have dust in the knobs. turn the volume/tone knobs back and forth real fast for a few minutes to get the dust out of there.
Poor Earthing.
Or what mine is doing. Whenever I have the computer screen turned on it interfere's with my amp making annoying noises. Try turning off all appliances near your amp.
plug the cable in your amp and turn the gain up and place your thumb on the tip of the cable, you should hear a hum, give it a shake, if it crackles, its the cord. if it only crackles when its plugged in and you move around, its the jack. if it crackles when you use any knobs or switches, than theres a bad connection.

the best way to get a long life out of your cable is to keep the ends clean and when you wind up your cable to put it away, put it in a loose coil (wrap around hand and elbow) tightly coiling electrical cables over time will wear out the cable and the metal fibers inside will crack.
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle

Ok, i'll check some of those. Thanks for the tips guys!

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Quote by Lead guitarist
Poor Earthing.
Or what mine is doing. Whenever I have the computer screen turned on it interfere's with my amp making annoying noises. Try turning off all appliances near your amp.

You sure about that?

I find that the pcikups pick up radiation from a screen (well, on a CRT anyway).