Page 1 of 2
I posted in the Body Building thread about this but was suggested to start a new thread.

How would UG feel about a Body Transformation Challenge? It would be much like any other type of contest you would submit before pictures, your weight, etc... then after a set amount of time submit another picture.

I could organize something very nice if anyone is interested.....

Edit: Basic rules added.

Contest starts on Sunday April 27th, rules are as follows.

1. On Sunday you will submit 3 pictures. On Sunday I will give a number that must be associated into atleast one of your pictures. I will accept emails for people who don't feel comfortable placing their pictures on an internet forum. The three pictures should be as following.
1. A frontal shot.
2. A side shot.
3. A back shot.
2. You will also provide the following.
1. Your weight. (We obviously can't check this but lying does not benefit you as the reward is a healthier more attractive body)
2. Your age.
3. Your height
4. Your BMI if you want. Or your body fat percentage
3. This contest will last a duration of 2 months (internet forums don't exactly have the longest attention spans)
4. Every two weeks you will resubmit the information
5. The winner will be decided by a panel of judges and/or a poll. Again if you feel uncomfortable submitting your pictures on the forum you may still email them to me but realize it will be hard to win if noone sees.

Some helpful tips:

1. Keep a journal of your day to day eating habits and weight.
2. Get family members or friends to join you.
3. Share stratagies and progress with other people in the contest.
4. Realize that while results may not be instant, results will happen as long as you work hard.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Last edited by dannyniceboy at Apr 25, 2008,
I'd do it, and it would motivate me a bit. I need help with making a routine to lose the weight though.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
shirtless pics? cuz i look real skinny (i have fat tho)

hell yea id do this
im already pretty ripped...
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
Shit, this is pure win. You can have my interwebz, I was saving them for a rainy day.

^about my halloween costume
Quote by steee21
a sport

Quote by hriday_hazarika
Oh, so it's sorta like real-life gaming, then?
if I get atleast 10 people I will set down guidelines and rules. And their are ways to assure noone is cheating :-D
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

i would do this but ill be smoking so much weed this summer it would be a crime to deprive myslef of munchies.
Time to turn that snack pack into a six-pack

I actually weigh about 130 right now.
If I lose some of the thigh/belly fat that's accumulated, and build some upper body strength, I'd be set.
Quote by dannyniceboy

I could organize something very nice if anyone is interested.....

Something very nice? Oh that sounds just splended!
Quote by venom0014
Ive already done this experiment on my own time

that cant be healthy
Quote by stringmagician
Something very nice? Oh that sounds just splended!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'd do it but, its hard 4 me 2 get bigger cuz i'm always at the gym nyways nd still stay skinny. if it were an ab contest i could do it
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
I'll definitely do it! I'm actually pretty overweight. About 200 lbs, fifteen, and I'm definitely working on losing weight. So sign me up. I'm perfect for it lol!
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Quote by MacAdam
i'd do it but, its hard 4 me 2 get bigger cuz i'm always at the gym nyways nd still stay skinny. if it were an ab contest i could do it

Thats probably the problem, you work out too much.

If you want to gain muscle mass, this is what you do:

Eat 6 meals per day if possible, 40% protein, 30% Carbs, 30% Fat (preferrably heathy fats ie from flaxseed oil)

Work out 3 times per week. 1st day Upper body/Arms, 2nd day rest, 3rd day Legs, 4th day rest, 5th day core/back, 6th day rest, 7th day rest, REPEAT

Use heavier weights, you should be able to do 4-8 reps with the weight you are using.
Keep work outs to a maximum of 75mins.

Remember, you NEED extra peotein to build muscle, you need AT LEAST 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight per day. Its best to do 2 grams per pound.

Try it out, you should get better results.
I'd be interested in participating. I used to be in pretty good shape, but I haven't worked out in a really long time because of school and stuff. It would be nice to start again when that's all over and this idea would sure help with motivation.
kill all humans
I'd do it.

No shirtless pics.
Quote by goldmember1217
I swallow it whole, like a man.
Quote by Yikes
I'd do it.

No shirtless pics.

Thats important part of these type of contests, but you can wear a swimsuit/blur out anything you dont want seen. Also the first set of photos will require you to write a number on your body given the day of the first weigh ins to insure they were taken on the right day.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic

Sign me up.
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail
BBE Sonic-Stomp Sonic Maximizer.

Member #24 of the EHX Guild
Quote by Beebo
I'm going to basic training this summer. is that fair?

I don't see why it wouldn't be fare, as long as during basic training you can access a computer ot post results..
Quote by Bubonic Chronic

I actually take this somewhat seriously. I would not feel very comfortable in a bathing suite, but there is no way I'm going to go the summer without swimming at LEAST once a week. I live in Florida. So I'm thinking of walking every day when I get up, and of quitting soda and drinking tons of water. Those two changes should trim me down, and rid me of my huskiness.
We're only strays.
Quote by dannyniceboy
Thats important part of these type of contests, but you can wear a swimsuit/blur out anything you dont want seen. Also the first set of photos will require you to write a number on your body given the day of the first weigh ins to insure they were taken on the right day.

Oh, alright. Count me in.
Quote by goldmember1217
I swallow it whole, like a man.
Quote by strat335
haha i spend all my time on UG, there's no time to work out.

Get a keyboard where you type with your feet?

I'm in shape as my job involves tons of strenuous work.
ಥ_ಥ
I'm already doing this, I have lost 50 pounds in the past 7 months. I'm only 5'5" and i weighed 206 pounds! I am now at 155, I am aiming for another 15 or so pounds, or until i can get a 6 pack and rid myself of this belly! Hopefully can get some abs by summer but thats pushing it.
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
Boss Ds-1 Distortion Pedal
Heritage VIP 1(would like to sell)
Quote by myguitarskucks1
I'm already doing this, I have lost 50 pounds in the past 7 months. I'm only 5'5" and i weighed 206 pounds! I am now at 155, I am aiming for another 15 or so pounds, or until i can get a 6 pack and rid myself of this belly! Hopefully can get some abs by summer but thats pushing it.

Congrats how did you achieve this? I can use some tips, basically I will be shoveling gravel and doing yard work for 8 hours a day and so far that is my only diet plan lol.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic

sign me up, i used to be really strong and fast freshman year when i played football... then i quit and started smoking pot, now im really lazy. give me an excuse to quit smoking ang get back in shape
You should have started this a month ago! I've lost 20 pounds in the past month.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
I would love to do it, but my before and after pics would look the same.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
Quote by CORT noob
You should have started this a month ago! I've lost 20 pounds in the past month.

In a month? How?
Quote by dannyniceboy
Congrats how did you achieve this? I can use some tips, basically I will be shoveling gravel and doing yard work for 8 hours a day and so far that is my only diet plan lol.

Thanks, and just what they tell you. Diet, cut out all the junk food (chips and soda etc.) and portion your meals. Instead of 3 big unhealthy meals have 6 smaller healthy meals. Then this is the fun part, working out! I love it now, before i was just lazy. Running is a very good thing. If you want to go jogging go in the morning before you eat when you first wake up. This will get your metabolism started early and you burn more fat when there is nothing in your stomach.
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
Boss Ds-1 Distortion Pedal
Heritage VIP 1(would like to sell)
I might do this, I've been working out on random days, but haven't had a routine for a while.

Plus, this is a ton more productive then a beard growing or not-fapping contest
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Quote by monkeyguitar78
In a month? How?

10 pounds was cheating. I lost 5 pounds when I drank too much over spring break and was unable to eat for 24 hours, on top of puking. 5 other pounds was me being really sick with a fever last week. The other 2 weeks, a mile to a mile and a half everyday on the treadmill, quit drinking pop, and have been eating a little bit less. It's really easy to get weight off, but I don't really feel like I look any different. Although, I had to go buy a belt because my pants were falling down. I was 175, now I'm 155.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Page 1 of 2