My friend bought an Alpine White Les Paul Studio (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar?sku=512585) a couple months back and now he's decided he wants to play bass and is trying to sell this guitar and asked if I'd be interested in buying it for $225ish. I've played it and it sounds like a decent guitar, though I haven't gotten to play it at my good amp (Fender Hot Rod Deluxe) since it's too big to have here at college.

I already have an Epiphone Dot, an Epiphone 57 Reissue Les Paul Jr and a really really used Delonge Strat. I'm not really sure I need this so does anyone else who has this think it is worth it to buy at that price or will it not really add anything new soundwise? Thanks.
My Random Gear:

-Epiphone Dot
-Epiphone `57 Les Paul Jr. Reissue
-Epiphone AJ-200 Acoustic
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-DS-1 Distortion
if you're gonna use it then by all means get it. but why spend money to have things sit around
well sounds like you have a nice little collection, do you really need another little epi? if you want it go for it, but i wouldn't say OMG!!!111!1111!!!!! get it
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
ahhh
i personally wouldnt bother
you got a nice lineup already
and its not THAT quality of a guitar overall,
save your cash for soemthing that makes you flip
Guitar:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Jackson DK2-L w/ Dimarzio X2N
Takamine acoustic

Bass:
Fender Precision Bass

Amp:
Marshall AVTX150H
Behringer BG412F
Marshall MG15MSII
get it, and if it ends up just sitting around, you could probably find someone to sell it to for more than you paid, make a little moulah...
O O

___
Quote by ++BuCkEtHeAd++
OMGZ GET IT TO PLAY JORDAN BY BUCKETHEAD WITH KILLSWITCH or save up your bank for something better

Kids

I'd save my money and get something that will be an upgrade from the gear you already have.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Ya, I think I'm probably gonna end up getting a Telecaster over this, cause that Les Paul isn't much better from anything I have now. I'm probably gonna think about it for awhile though, since I won't be able to afford a good Tele for some time.
My Random Gear:

-Epiphone Dot
-Epiphone `57 Les Paul Jr. Reissue
-Epiphone AJ-200 Acoustic
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-DS-1 Distortion
I'd say save your cash. It's not much higher than a beginners guitar.