Ok does anyone have some good excerises to increase my finger and picking speed?

And to incororate my pinky into my playing..

thanks!
Favorite Artists/Bands
1.John Mayer
2.Smashing Pumpkins
3.Moneta
Lots and lots of correct practice.

Practice very slowly and make sure you have no excess tension or excess movement.

Use your pinky wherever it is necessary/most efficient.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
I'll post an exercise I use tonight or tomorrow. It's a nifty little finger twister for all 4 fingers, and some of it will work your alternate picking as well.
Whatever you work with, make sure to go slow and make sure it's clean and accurate before upping the speed. A metronome is a must. And as AEnimus Prime said, relax. Play loosely and economically.
Okay.

Well I have never really gotten into practice routines before, so I really am stumped at where to start..
Favorite Artists/Bands
1.John Mayer
2.Smashing Pumpkins
3.Moneta
Quote by Ænimus Prime
Lots and lots of correct practice.

Practice very slowly and make sure you have no excess tension or excess movement.

Use your pinky wherever it is necessary/most efficient.

Exactly. Here's an example of something you can apply all over the fretboard that will greatly help:

e-----------------------------------------------------1-2-3-4-------
B------------------------------------------1-2-3-4------------------
G-------------------------------1-2-3-4-----------------------------
D---------------------1-2-3-4---------------------------------------
A-----------1-2-3-4-------------------------------------------------
E-1-2-3-4-----------------------------------------------------------

Play it descending as well.
You'll also want to practice patters other than the usual 1,2,3,4 chromatics. Your fingers will need to be used to all sorts of stretching and patterning.