There's gotta be some sort of program for this:

I've got am Mp3.... and I wanna get rid of certain tracks (drum/vocals/rhythm/lead) so I can re-record it....

How would I go about doing that? =/
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
Impossible man, sorry to say. The best you can do really is get a program that removes the vocals, but that's very iffy and kinda sounds ****ty.
yea its practically impossible seeing as it will be one stereo track....i remember this program called goldwave tht was pretty good for HEARING the tracks seperately if that makes sense

but you can't seperate and re record them unfortunately
to almost completely remove vocals/mono guitar for simple rock-style tracks (rhythm guitar left/right), doesnt work as well for complex songs or more electronic/symphonic

run it on 2 tracks
invert the phase on ONE side of the 1st channel (say right side), sum them (youll have a mono signal). now do whatever shady tactic to make the track stereo, delaying one side works pretty well, but theres no reliable way.
2nd track you will want to leave in tact but scoop a lot of 250-4k range out

sometimes it works, but it wont be an exact replication of the instrumental track.

you could possibly get lucky if the band releases an instrumental version of the song, you could try reversing phase on it over the original to be left with only a vocal track.

some bands release the individual tracks for their songs, NIN has done this recently for garageband.
Quote by werty22
That's like baking a cake and then trying to take out the flour.

Greatest analogy in existence.
Quote by Sabaren
to almost completely remove vocals/mono guitar for simple rock-style tracks (rhythm guitar left/right), doesnt work as well for complex songs or more electronic/symphonic

run it on 2 tracks
invert the phase on ONE side of the 1st channel (say right side), sum them (youll have a mono signal). now do whatever shady tactic to make the track stereo, delaying one side works pretty well, but theres no reliable way.
2nd track you will want to leave in tact but scoop a lot of 250-4k range out

sometimes it works, but it wont be an exact replication of the instrumental track.

you could possibly get lucky if the band releases an instrumental version of the song, you could try reversing phase on it over the original to be left with only a vocal track.

some bands release the individual tracks for their songs, NIN has done this recently for garageband.

I'm pretty sure I did something wrong, but It sounds like the wierdes song ever recorded after I tried that, but I think I'll be able to use that tip for some other projects, thanks.
--------

=/............... maybe there are sound engineers that I can pay to develop software that can do this kinda of stuff.......... *sigh*
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."