I have an ibanez gsr 200, and when i play on the E and the A i get a disgusting popping or beating sound from the amp, im sure its not the amp, its the same sound you get when your string touches the magnetic part of the pickup except its during normal play. Any ideas on what could be wrong?
well yeah, ill end up turning up the gain, but that is only a temporary solution, but for a permanent fix, do i have to replace my pups?

Edit: even w/ the volume of the pups all the way down, its still got a ridiculously annoying popping noise. just when i turn the amp on, i hear it right away.
I have the same bass and have had for 1.5 years or so now.

I can't say this problem has happened to me despite the rather low action on my bass.

Try lowering the pickups (tighten the screws that hold them in), or some heavier gauge strings so they don't flop so much.

You might also want to check the lead-jack on your bass, mine was faulty from manufacturer and I had to get the entire thing replaced. Only cost $7 AUD though so it's nothing too major, and no problems since :> .
I get that sound from plucking too hard (I'm an abuser of strings) and I bend the string until it touches the pickup....Same bass, middlish action....I'd say just lower the pickups...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by san21893
well yeah, ill end up turning up the gain, but that is only a temporary solution, but for a permanent fix, do i have to replace my pups?

Edit: even w/ the volume of the pups all the way down, its still got a ridiculously annoying popping noise. just when i turn the amp on, i hear it right away.

By lowering the pickups he means physically lower the pickup, not lower the volume.
You take a screwdriver and you can make the pickups go deeper into the body.
I'm guessing you play with you're fingers and use the E and A strings as thumb rests when playing high, and then perhaps accidentily push your thumb too hard and it hits the pickups.
If not, it can still help, though.
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
I was just coming here to make a topic about this. Good thing I searched.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

I lowered the pups a lil bit, but now i get no sound coming out of the amp, but an occasional pop. I'm using a monster bass cable, which sould be reliable considering what I paid. I'ts either my garbage peavey amp or my bass. My neighbor also has a bass and amp so I will be able to figure what the problem is. When I do figure it out, should I bring it back to where i bought it, guitar center, or should i send it to the company?
bump, new problems, the popping has stopped but comes back occasionally, when i play, its giving a distortion and flanger like effect. It sounds completely awesome but its totally not normal. Does anybody know if the gsr200 needs a 9v battery or not with the stock pickups. I was thinking it could be a problem with the battery.
i used to have the same issue with that bass
what did i do?
nothing really, but i guess the problem was some wire in the bass
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
problem solved, was just the 9v battery, (surprised it even had one), so this means this bass is active? The battery ran out in 6 months because I always left the bass plugged in. Well now i know.
it's got an active preamp i'm pretty sure. not pickups.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu