ok so i need to build a "Road Case" for my Vox AC-15 and i have no idea where to start or what materials to use. any suggestions? btw...i have the casters lol good start i guess.
You'll need to start by measuring the outside dimensions of your amp (bearing in mind that handles will stick up from the top; knobs and speaker cables may also extend past the cab of the amp). Then add a little to each of these measurements (no more than about a quarter inch) to get the inside measurements of the case. You want to be able to easily fit the case over the amp without leaving too much space for the amp to rattle around. Then buy enough 3/4" (minimum, 1" would be better but would also be much heavier) plywood to cut out the top, bottom, front, back, and both sides of the case.

Amp cases usually come with a "tray" for the amp to sit in (you'd attach your casters to this), and then a "shell" that goes over the amp and locks down with twist latches, which you can buy from a hardware store. You'll also need to get some aluminium channel to protect the corners from wear and tear.

Try searching for case builds on UG or Google: I'm pretty certain there are tutorials or build diaries out there which will be very helpful to you.
not to rain on your parade here, but 99 times out of 100, it become more expensive to make your own flightcases. unless you allready have the tools required and have some materials, then go ahead, but if you dont then this is gonna become expensive.

I nearly started to make a flightcased tech box for my work, but stopped when i realised how expensive it was going to become.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...