I'm looking at buying an american tele and am trying to figure out if the deluxe model is worth the extra cash, compared to the standard model. At the moment I'm thinking of getting the standard with the rosewood fingerboard, however if anyone can give me any advice then i would greatly appreciate it.

I want the tele for a few things....

I will be playing live gigs with it and using it for all genres (blues, rock, metal, jazz etc) so i will need it to be relatively quiet. The Deluxe has noiseless pickups but the Standard doesn't. So basically i want to know your opinion on how quiet it is (clean and distorted) and how you think it fits all genres. Also how useful the S1 is on the Deluxe. I don't think the s1 made all that much of a difference, but i want to know what you think! So really, im asking if you think the deluxe is really worth the extra couple of hundred dollars compared to the Standard...

thanks to anyone who has advice for me!
I'd say the Standard. I have heard that Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pups kill your tone, or something...

I have a Standard Strat and if the Tele is anything like it, then I approve. Really good value. I had the opportunity to buy a Deluxe used for $750, but I found that my Standard plays a lot better.