Just fooling around with audio editing and such. Nothing long, just a 29 second thing that I pulled out of thin air. All input appreciated.

(Link in Profile, titled "Reverse Solo")
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
Sounds cool. I didn't think a reversed solo would sound all that good to be honest but it just created an awsome effect and it sounds great and with emotion. Nice tweaking, nice playing, good work.

c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13946517
"Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life.Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!" ~ Billy Connolly
i dug it. do you have to "think backwards" to play a reverse effect solo?

i just got a dl4 and it has that feature, i really like the sound of it. i think it couldve used a little compression though to pop it out in front of the acoustic guitar as they both sounded pretty up front.

hit me up with a crit:
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=845357
m_three10: Well I didn't really "think backwards" in terms of like "Oh I want a bend here, I should play a reverse bend instead", I just kind of felt the groove and played what I felt. I was thinking backwards in terms of solo structure though; like I started out playing higher up the fretboard so that it would end like that when played reverse, and arranged it so that the climax of the solo would be placed at the proper part backwards. I hope you know what I mean, cause looking back on what I just typed, it's all worded quite confusingly haha. Thanks for the crit too!

nexteyenate: I just recorded my solo over a chord progression, and then reversed it in editing afterwards in audacity.

To all: Thanks for all the input, I've replied to most of your threads already.

Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

I think you should play fewer notes when using this effect. It didn't sound as good when you were playing faster.
Quote by S0ulja23
m_three10: Well I didn't really "think backwards" in terms of like "Oh I want a bend here, I should play a reverse bend instead", I just kind of felt the groove and played what I felt. I was thinking backwards in terms of solo structure though; like I started out playing higher up the fretboard so that it would end like that when played reverse, and arranged it so that the climax of the solo would be placed at the proper part backwards. I hope you know what I mean, cause looking back on what I just typed, it's all worded quite confusingly haha. Thanks for the crit too!

nexteyenate: I just recorded my solo over a chord progression, and then reversed it in editing afterwards in audacity.

To all: Thanks for all the input, I've replied to most of your threads already.

i totally get what youre saying. i have that effect myself and i wanted an approach to using it. i like your idea of starting at the higher register and working down to develop the solo.

nice work man. throw it into a song now, it would sound badass.
Quote by m_three10
i totally get what youre saying. i have that effect myself and i wanted an approach to using it. i like your idea of starting at the higher register and working down to develop the solo.

nice work man. throw it into a song now, it would sound badass.

Yeah dude, I have a PODxt with reverse delay, and I tried using that to do a backwards solo. It's a bit harder, and I don't think it worked quite as effectively when I tried using it . I think it's a bit easier to record and then play it backwards, as with reverse delay it's reversing what's immediately coming out of your guitar, and not the solo as a whole. You know, like in real time. Never tried the DL4 though, maybe it works better.

EDIT: And yeah, I do think I could've went easy on the faster lines, they sounded messy reversed with the reverb and all. But eh, whaddya expect, I just threw it together on the spot.

Last edited by S0ulja23 at Apr 26, 2008,