this month: in flames, kalmah, bodom
recently: arch enemy, soilwork, dark tranquillity

kalmah and DT ended up quite impressive, all the other recent ones havent seemed to impress me (except in flames, to go from such an influencial band to.. pop.. the way they have is quite impressive to me).

seems like melodic death metal is starting to fade out in favor of more symphonic and technical styles.

not to mention, has anyone else noticed that their tone has sucked BAD as of late? especially soilwork which went from its searing mechanical sounding krank tone to.. a 15 year old's imitation of slipknot's rig? or arch enemy's new phased-to-@#$% scooped amps.
arch enemy is still going melodeath, right? i agree with you on the tone, i thought the tone on doomsday machine was ideal. but rise of the tyrant was still really awesome

damn, i ordered bodom, DT, and firewind together - and forgot about kalmah
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Don't forget Arsis

Released an album i dunno, like ten days ago?
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
dang i havent heard any arsis in a while, definitely looking into that one!!!

for non-melodeath theres also meshuggah's obzen, which is damn impressive.
Eh, I don't like Meshuggah. But, for some semi-melodeath, Opeth are releasing a new album soon, they have two leaked songs on youtube and the whole album is leaked if you wanna check it out.

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Well, you can listen to it on youtube (The Lotus Eater and Porcelain Heart)

They're both ace tracks, this'll probably be my favorite Opeth album so far.

Quote by eggsandham2
The new Arsis album is the only melodic death metal album I like that was released recently.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Eh, I don't like Meshuggah. But, for some semi-melodeath, Opeth are releasing a new album soon, they have two leaked songs on youtube and the whole album is leaked if you wanna check it out.

WHAT
Fiction was released a year ago, is that recently?
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by NosferatuZodd09
probably

lol, okey.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion