So I just got my 7 string from someone over on harmony central (thanks again dude)
its a Dean Vandetta 1.7, its my first 7 string so i didnt really know what to expect, but this guitar effin rocks. Anyway, some point in time someone took out the neck pickup leaving an empty hole ( its got a dimarzio X2N 7 stringer in the bridge)
so even though i like the nice wood finish that hole has got to go..
Heres my plan I fill the hole, paint it black and throw different colored paintballs at it.
Will the paintball paint stick good to the black? and who thinks I should do it?
(I'll probably do it anyway just currious)
peace.
No, because I believe paint balls are made of water and colorant.

Somebody confirm this.
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
awwee what? i gotta check this outtt

edit: ok so i read that they are soluable in water but they should still stick right?
good enough so I can clear coat it, to protect it from whatever water may get on it
Last edited by Van-Hannam at Apr 24, 2008,
the paints not thick enough. I saw somewhere where someone tried to paint a room with paintball gun and it just made dents in the wall because the color evaporated when it dried. You would probably be better off if you just soaked a bit of sponge or rolled up paper towel and whipped it at the guitar.
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/Fuzzycows5157/canada.bmp[/IMG]
Quote by Fuzzycows5157
the paints not thick enough. I saw somewhere where someone tried to paint a room with paintball gun and it just made dents in the wall because the color evaporated when it dried. You would probably be better off if you just soaked a bit of sponge or rolled up paper towel and whipped it at the guitar.

Yup... I'm a paintballer myself, and I know from experience... the paint doesn't stick. I mean hell people cheat and wipe it off during the game all the time. but This dude's idea seems like it would work, and you don't have to worry about picking out shells.
sweet alright guys thanks a bunch! I would of looked like an idiot ahah
yeah I'll prob follow fuzzycows advice, thanks man.!
Quote by Cynoxx
No, because I believe paint balls are made of water and colorant.

Somebody confirm this.

Confirmed by Moe.
Quote by WickedBeast666
Yup... I'm a paintballer myself, and I know from experience... the paint doesn't stick. I mean hell people cheat and wipe it off during the game all the time. but This dude's idea seems like it would work, and you don't have to worry about picking out shells.

Paintballers Unite!

Yea paintballs are filled with vegetable oil and color. And they don't always dry unless they sit in direct sunlight for a while.
Paintballs are made of solution similar to soap. So, theres a couple reasons not to do this.

1. The stuff never drys... unless smeared to the thickness of an atom.
2. If anything watery touches it, (e.g. sweat, dew, mist, water of any kind) it will just wash off..
3. Potentially denting your guitar.

Dont do it....
My Gear:
Agile - 2000 W/ EMG 81/85
Fender 112 Stageman
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Digitech Rp100
Yamaha Ac/El