I've been looking for a jackson KE in the 600-800 USD price range and the more i search the more i notice that jackson only makes the high end KE w/ a floyd. the only string thru one is the cheap one(no offense to anybody who has this one!), does any one know why the dont make the really good ones in string thru any more? and if they still do... where can i find one?
Most of their high end guitars have locking trems because they are metal/lead oriented guitars. They don't make a Kelly with a string though other than the JS, I'm afraid. But they do have some great fixed bridge guitars. Idk if they used to make a good fixed bridge Kelly, but look around on ebay for a used one if they did.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
You can always just get the KE2 and block te trem. That way you have a good stable brideg and if you want you can lock the nut and have extreme tuning stability.

Also you have the option of unblocking the trem later on should you want to mess around with it.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
but marty friedman had string thru KEs when he played with megadeth . does that mean i have to custom order it?
He used a Fixed Kahler bridge and plus the KE1's only had one bridge pick-up.

Custom ordering a Jackson wouldnt be worth it. It would be much cheaper buying a KE2 and blocking the trem.

Edit: Jackson used to make a KE2T which is a KE2 with a Tune-o-matic bridge. You can look used for one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson_Kelly#KE2T_.28Discontinued.29

For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Last edited by .:Darkness:. at Apr 24, 2008,
really? cuz on the greatest hits dvd he has a white string thru. well i guess i will have to look for a used one cuz thats too much money for a custom shop guitar.