Hey UG, I've been playing about 6-7 months seriously. I'm a pretty decent guitarist/singer. However, my gear leaves a bit to be desired. Both of my guitars are great, I love them. My amp is a line 6 Spider III modeling amp, so I really have never needed pedals, I suppose. I'm really uneducated on most of it. I've only really played on this line 6 amp, I don't have much to compare it to. Could you reccomend me a quality amp between 500-700 bucks? Also, the best value pedals, distortion, wah, whatever.

Trying to get into knowing what the hell to do about gear, right now I'm in the dark.
What kind of music do you play?
I personally hate pretty much all distortion pedals. I would rather have an amp do it by itself.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Take your guitar to an amp shop or a guitar center and plug in, try some tubes, try some solid states. That should help you start forming opinions on different amps and types, most places will let you use effects too. It's also a lot of fun, especially going into a boutique shop and playing some really nice gear (although you will probably never hear that tone at home haha).
Standard Fender Telecaster
Fender Blues Jr
Ibz10
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
What kind of music do you play?
I personally hate pretty much all distortion pedals. I would rather have an amp do it by itself.

Usually I play acoustic indieish stuff, but when I play electric, it's usually blues/rock, looking for either a really smooth bluesy sound or a really gritty garage sound (or both if I can get them in the same amp, or with a pedal.)
Quote by manmanman133
Usually I play acoustic indieish stuff, but when I play electric, it's usually blues/rock, looking for either a really smooth bluesy sound or a really gritty garage sound (or both if I can get them in the same amp, or with a pedal.)

Maybe a used JCM of some sort. Or a Peavey Classic 30 with an OD.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
I was looking for an amp at around $400 and ended up with a Peavey Valveking 112, which I've had no problems with. The Classic 30 will probably be a better choice for bluesy stuff, from what I've heard. As for pedals, the Bad Monkey is excellent and only $50, you'll be able to get some very nice overdrive tones with it. I also just got an Electro Harmonix Stereo Memory Man today which I can tell is going to stay on my pedalboard for a long time. I've found settings on it where I could just sit there and play one note every few seconds, and get lost in the ambience . Not to mention the looper for practicing solos, or just making "what the ****??" sounds . As for other pedals, it depends on what you need really. But using just overdrive and delay for a while ought to make it more clear what other sounds you want.