So the TS-808, TS-9, TS DX turbo thing (4 models), and the TS-7

I have been looking at these but can anyone tell me some specific differences between them? I have a tele through a fender blues jr tube amp, I'd like something that can get some thick 'natural' distortion if need be, otherwise just good 'ol overdrive tones. Is the TS-7 even worth looking at? How do the models sound on the modeling one?

Also, though I am willing to save for a bit, these are a bit out of my price range at the moment, what are some alternative overdrive pedals that will sound good out of a tube amp, any opinions on the green screamer or boss blues driver?

Thanks in advance.
Standard Fender Telecaster
Fender Blues Jr
Ibz10
Maxon make a ts 9 clone with true bypass, you might wanna try that.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
I actually really like the TS7 in comparison to the others. I picked one up for my dad and was impressed at its quality and sound. It even as the same chip as an 808
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
The Maxon TS-9 isn't a clone...after all, Maxon made all of the boards and pedals in the old TS-9s and 808's. It was a Maxon design.

The TS-7 is pretty sweet, and unlike the Bad Monkey, it can be modded to your tate
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
I have a TS7 modded so it has the components of the ts9, but still has the push/pull pots which are great, and the hot switch for extra gain, they were selling them brand new and modded for $35 on ebay a couple months ago, otherwise the maxon ts9 or 808(not sure the exact name) would be good, oh, and the mxr green overdrive(also cant recall the name) is pretty sick.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
i would go for the maxon they are heaps better
check out their website they hace sound samples
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

yes yes they are
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

cool thanks guys, the maxon's are pretty cool, never had heard of them, even though their TS-9 costs twice as much as ibanez's TS-9, apparently better circuitry and true bypass but really??
Standard Fender Telecaster
Fender Blues Jr
Ibz10
If you want insane value, the Maxon OD808 is actually cheaper than both TS-9's and the Ibanez TS-808, and it's alot better in terms of sound
Quote by Ghold125
the maxon od808 is not cheaper then the ibanez ts-9...

My mistake, but it's only £10 more in England
I tried the TS9 and TS808 side by side last time I went to America (as the TS808 over there is cheaper than the TS9 is over here) and loved the TS9. However, when I switched to the TS808 I heard a phenomenal difference and went with the TS808. Try them all out, see which you like best.
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
Quote by tombo32
Check out the Keeley modded Tube Screamers too. They are amazing. I'm buying a Keeley TS9DX soon.

You can mod them yourself for cheaper.

TS9DX's aren't a really big change in tone, IMO.

Maxon > Ibanez, if you want True Bypass.

The Bad Monkey is a good choice too, if you're on a tight budget.

The Blues Driver's not so good, IMO.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
^ You know, the Maxon OD808 doesn't even have true bypass! I don't think anyone's noticed yet though
Quote by Horlicks
^ You know, the Maxon OD808 doesn't even have true bypass! I don't think anyone's noticed yet though

Oops, I meant the OD9.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Also the od9 has a pre clipping eq where as the normal ts9 has post clipping eq
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear: