Page 302 of 302
Watterboy
UG's 'Yes, Man'
2,743 IQ
Quote by theDogger
Nope that was already fixed....I was noodling around and after about 1 hrs of playing 3 of the power tubes went bright Orange and I lost all volume.
Doubled checked everything as I just biased the amp. Makes me wonder though because I could only get 27mA max on 6L6 setting so I did what EuroTubes Recommended and switched to the EL34 setting and was able to get 38mA. (70% dissipation)

So if my math is correct

455 Plate Volts
25 watts 6L6 dissipation
@ 70%

25/455=0.0549450549450549 * .70=0.0384615384615385

38mA of Dissipation

I shut it down right away and did not smell any thing burning in the amp. Pulled it apart and checked the boards and nothing burned or smelled burned. The Tubes were Ruby's 6L6cg standard, they were so hot you could cook bacon on them. They look OK internally..but what do I know

The next day powered it up and played for about an hour and no tube issues but the amp sounded really bad. Now there was an oscillating hum and the volume would drop and them come back in......so not sure if the output tranny had damage, I swapped some JJ 6L6CG that I had and same issue, powered up ok but volume would cut in and out and humming that was not there before.

Since I was still in the 45 days from MF I sent it back and got a Egnator Vengeance instead.

I ready wanted the 6262 Head to work, They are great sounding when the tubes are biased correctly and you get some good quality tubes in there. Versatile also! Had a great Metallica Back tone dialed in too

Any thoughts?

Maybe should have tried another set of tubes before returning it, just to see if one of the power tubes got fckd up. When you lose a power tube, the volume drops like that. I would have just kept the amp in 6l6; ive found that trying to optimize the tube bias doesnt really result in a massive or even moderate improvement in tone (but thats just me). I have two 6262 heads (both non-infinium, one for home and one for practice). I know what you mean- they are AWESOME sounding. I brought mine to my band's debut gig and it absolutely slayed. Cut and sounded better than my friend's JVM.
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

DragonBE
29 IQ
Would you say there's a Bugera suitable for very heavy metal? And i don't just mean maxing out the distortion, I mean an actual good, all-round heavy distorted sound.
MaaZeus
431 IQ
Quote by DragonBE
Would you say there's a Bugera suitable for very heavy metal? And i don't just mean maxing out the distortion, I mean an actual good, all-round heavy distorted sound.

Pretty much every single one of them except the V serie. Question is that do you want a Peavey 6505 clone, Peavey Xxx clone, Peavey Jsx clone or a Mesa Rectifier clone.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
faisal6863
10 IQ
I m a stupid
U know why??

Bought my first tube amp G5 from USA. It was a dream come true after 12 years of playing with digital processors.

I brought the amp in Asia and plugged it in 220 volt. Without engaging the fuse. The power supply was set for 110 volt as the amp was from USA. So I fried my first ever real amp.

Adding to my stupidity I lost the fuse that came originally with the amp. Don't ask me how. Please.

If u think I m not stupid enough here is something to prove u wrong.

I installed a regular fuse and gave it power. It made a hum/buzz type sound for a few seconds and went dead. Yes, I deep fried my bugera G5.

I am in Asia now and it's not possible for me to take it to a proper service centre.
But
I have an engineer friend. Works at Sony. We wish to bring this amp from the dead.

Please help us with information. We found very little on the Internet.

Please give us
a damage assessment or damage possibilities.

Any links regarding G5 repair. Service manual.

Any service centre where we can call and discuss.

Information about spare in south Asia or close or online.
Boogierman
10 IQ
Please stay on point with my thread.
BRAND NEW, Bugera 6260-212 Infinium, There is no warranty, the power used is correct, the speakers are tested and fine, everything leading up to the amp is correct, tested and working. bought as is with #3 tube blown. Both F2 and F3 fuses were blown.
Replaced 6L6's and fuses, tubes power, amp works great, sounds amazing, no scratching, nothing wrong. When shutting down the amp, there is a scratch, and both the F2 and F3 fuses blow again. It never blows the main fuse, just those 2. Nothing is loose in the head, there is no traces of burning, arcing or disconnected parts.

Any help would be much appreciated, I can do some repair, but if I have to take this to the local repair shop, I would like to be armed with some info, and maybe even a schematic of the amp, or any information anybody would be able to supply.

THANKS VERY MUCH!
Last edited by Boogierman at Feb 14, 2016,
Robbgnarly
Tab Contributor
1,177 IQ
Quote by Boogierman
Please stay on point with my thread.
BRAND NEW, Bugera 6260-212 Infinium, There is no warranty, the power used is correct, the speakers are tested and fine, everything leading up to the amp is correct, tested and working. bought as is with #3 tube blown. Both F2 and F3 fuses were blown.
Replaced 6L6's and fuses, tubes power, amp works great, sounds amazing, no scratching, nothing wrong. When shutting down the amp, there is a scratch, and both the F2 and F3 fuses blow again. It never blows the main fuse, just those 2. Nothing is loose in the head, there is no traces of burning, arcing or disconnected parts.

Any help would be much appreciated, I can do some repair, but if I have to take this to the local repair shop, I would like to be armed with some info, and maybe even a schematic of the amp, or any information anybody would be able to supply.

THANKS VERY MUCH!

It could be PCB traces that are jacked, or a huge number of other issues. Do you know anyone with electronic repair experience?

How did you buy a new bugera without a warranty? did you not buy from an authorized dealer? I'd contact Bugera and see if they are willing to help you.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Boogierman
10 IQ
Yea, i know a few repair guys, and I bought it off Craigs list for 80 bucks. I figure the speakers are worth that. Its actually Brand New, it was sitting in a closet of a deceased man.
So its off to the repair shop?
Thanks Robb
Last edited by Boogierman at Feb 14, 2016,
Boogierman
10 IQ
Turns out, it was the tubes...Bad tubes

always check the obvious first

BM
paramore418
65 IQ
I love the sound of Burgera amps! I want the 333XL so bad and the Trirec eventually
Roc8995
2,050 IQ
Did anyone here ever end up with a BC30? Never did get to try one and it seemed like they were discontinued before they had a chance to go anywhere.
Mikael.W
21 IQ
I bought a Bugera Trirec from Samash (online) last month and today I broke it, one day after the 45 day return policy. I stupidly didn't have the speaker cable all the way in and had the amp on for 15-20 minutes I'm guessing and now it won't go out of standby. I turned the amp off when I discovered my carelessness, turned it on, waited a bit and flipped the standby switch and the light doesn't turn on, no sound naturally.
Should I sent it to Bugera or will they deny the warranty claim since it was user error?
Also could anyone guess if I blew something up or a fuse simply blew?

Thanks
Roc8995
2,050 IQ
Check the fuses first, you may have gotten lucky. I assume this amp has HT fuses on the board or somewhere, so look for those. The mains fuse probably did not blow but one of the others may have.

After that, I think the most you can do is call and ask. I'd expect a no, but we can't tell you definitively what their response will be.
Mikael.W
21 IQ
It has several fuses inside but I'm not sure which one is for the HT, there's wiring diagrams for just about every other Bugera amp, they're also ceramic and I don't have a multimeter atm so I'll have to pull random fuses and replace them