Page 3 of 303
how much is slightly less.... i have heard clips from the 6260, but not the 6262.....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Well, I would call it noticeable I guess. Mainly because of the independent eq issue. But not a huge deal...
Quote by Brendan.Clace
how much is slightly less.... i have heard clips from the 6260, but not the 6262.....

I'll put it this way: I can't imagine anyone needing more gain from the 6262. I've never used it with full gain.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
I'll put it this way: I can't imagine anyone needing more gain from the 6262. I've never used it with full gain.

Agreed. I have my gain on 5 and it's insane. I turned it up all the way just to see and Jesus...

All that comes to mind is this is an inexpensive metal amp. Pretty much what every newbie to toobies bitches for. It is no Mesa or Marshall but serves its place on the foodchain well.
mmm i like mine alot...and i keep my gain on 3....if i need more i hit it with overdrives in front
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
mmm i like mine alot...and i keep my gain on 3....if i need more i hit it with overdrives in front

What overdrive you use Bloodshed? You may have said, but I forgot...sorry.
Quote by TheEsupremacy

All that comes to mind is this is an inexpensive metal amp. Pretty much what every newbie to toobies bitches for. It is no Mesa or Marshall but serves its place on the foodchain well.

Exactly. It's a budget amp - you get what you pay for. But still, I suggest that anyone getting one would get a good warranty to go with it. Just in case
Quote by Lunchbox362
Quote by Fama
Exactly. It's a budget amp - you get what you pay for. But still, I suggest that anyone getting one would get a good warranty to go with it. Just in case

I agree, just in case . I've got three total years on mine (warranty) and within that time I hope to replace it with something high end. I will still keep it though, it does metal so sick, I could never get myself to consider it "trash".

On a side note, the tech I use is a Behringer tech also! I never knew that, he told me he's already studied the Bugera amps and would be happy to re-valve it whenever I am ready. He also told me that they arn't "bad" per se but he did see one already that was a disaster inside but that he's seen a couple that were very well made. They really are individually hand made. Guess it depends on WHO made your amp there in China...weird info.
Last edited by TheEsupremacy at May 1, 2008,
I have two overdrives....a Boss SD-1 and one of my own creations, the JL-808 Rx Driver. My Rx Driver takes a TS-808, adds much more available gain, while also allowing you to dial in less, flattens the mid hump just a hair, increases bass response. Then, you have the ability to select either silicon diodes or LEDs for clipping. I build them in small numbers for people who want them.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Lol @ Bloodshed. Right on! You're a little more technically skilled than me. Which one should I get? Going on the assumption I can only get one overdrive pedal.

I'm proud to say I got my first neighbor complaint with the Bugera today. It was only on 2 1/2. I had my window open though. Oops. She's a bitch anyway...
Last edited by TheEsupremacy at May 1, 2008,
nice!!

Well if you want i could build you an overdrive for 85 shipped

If you are on a shoestring though might i suggest the TS7 or the SD-1
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
I would take the overdrive....thats sick... you build your own TS808's? that's crazy....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Just another bugera bump..

Anybody got any recordings of a Bugera with a speaker/tube change?
Signatures are overrated.
I know I could read the all about tubes thread but just a quick response here would be nice...what would changing the power tubes from 6L6's to the 34's actually accomplish as far as tone on the 6262 goes?
Going to EL-34s would drop the clean headroom, meaning the amp would distort earlier. The distortion would also have more of a Marshall-y, kind of british sound to it. Really crunchy, more mid range less lows

BTW, to Brendan.Clace, or theEsupremacy...PM me sometime if you decide you want one of my OD's I promise you wont be sorry, and if you have a specific sound you want from it, I can tailor it to your specific needs. I currently have two base versions, one with just the switchable clipping stages, and then one with a bass boost toggle on top of that. The circuit is the 808 circuit, but then I picked aspects I liked from different mods out there (Keeley, Analogman, Monte Allums; etc) and created my own beast. You can also change the IC chips for experimentation.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Last edited by Bloodshed at May 3, 2008,
Thanks for the info on the tubes bloodshed. I would as a matter of fact be interested in an OD pedal. actually, on the advice of a friend I was gonna go pick up a Maxon OD808 pedal as he said it would clean up the lead channel nicely. He recommended that pedal over all the others? How does yours sound in comparison to the OD808? The Maxon is kinda pricey at $135...
Well the maxon OD 808 is pretty much the same as the Ibanez TS808. And Bloodshed builds his OD's using the TS808 circuit so I'm guessing they will be fairly similar. But support fellow musos and see what his is like. I might even get one if your willing to post to aus and can have it done within the next 3 months :S. Seeing as your pedal+shipping would be around ... $120 aus and a Maxon OD808 over here is like $300 haha.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
im going to try one out this weekend i think.
and will most probably purchase if i like it enough.

how do they compare to a marshall dsl 100 jcm 2000?
because that was one of the cheapest valve amps i could find, so i was looking at getting one of them. if i could ever afford it..
MD5K
IBANEZ
and can u get a mesa-y sort of tone out of them? or are they just basically based on peaveys?
MD5K
IBANEZ
Pretty much Peavy 5150ish sounding. The stock distortion tone reminds me of Vintage Reign in Blood Slayer when cranked. Others may have differing opinions of the tone. The clean is usable too.
Definitely not a Mesa at all. Very much 5150...Now, if you go with a 333, you are much closer to the Mesa-ish sound. but its based on the Peavey XXX.

Compared to a Marshall, think very brown sound, especially if run with EL-34 power tubes. Like a Marshall from hell.

To howey, yes I would ship to Australia once we can figure out the shipping price.

to TheEsupremacy, my pedal can cover all the bases of the Maxon OD808 plus a few. It basically can have more available gain, but you can dial in even less gain for a more discrete boost. Its true bypass as well. Plus with this pedal, I will ship a couple different IC chips so that you could experiment with the pedal even more, giving you more options on sounds.

Eventually I'm hoping to get these things in the hands of some good names (can't tell you who yet, it's a secret) but I wanted to give some UGers a nice low price, though I fully intend for this to hopefully compete with the likes of the OCD and Keeley modded 808s
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
^ The thing is, the VJ is class A, meaning it requires a huge transformer to power it, and stuff like that.

To clarify for everyone.

The 6260 is based on the 5150, so for Brendan.Clace, the distortion channel is A+ for nailing the melodic metal sound.

The 6262 is based on the 5150+, so slightly less gain, but more versatility. I will say though, even the 6260 is very versatile, and can do pretty much anything the 6262 can. Although having an eq on the clean might be nice.

To Guitarmike123...I would wholeheartedly recommend the 6260. I bought it because took the 5150 and made a few improvements (adjustable bias, MUCH better cleans, less fizzy gain; etc). Mine has had zero problems. I know there have been reports of problems, but much of it is band wagon (a friends, friends great aunts Bugera died) and the more I talk to techs, it seems that user error (t00b n00bs) is the biggest common denominator. Remember, it does have a year of warranty. So be smart and register your amp when you buy!! If you want the 5150 sound, you wont be sorry.

To pimpedoutsquier....you could have a tech pull two power tubes, giving you 60 watts of power, or use THD Yellow Jackets and EL-84s to drop down to around 30 watts (I think thats right)

i thought it was the other way around about the 5150 II having more gain then the 5150 due to the extra preamp tube on the 5150 II and the 6262. cause my 5150 II and 6262 blows my my other guitar players 5150 out of the water gain wise.

5150/6260-5 preamp tubes
5150 II/ 6262-6 preamp tubes
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Im looking for a sound somewhat like between the buried and me. Can this get me it? What about the fall of troy?
Maybe your other guitar player has older preamp tubes in his? Or just lower gain ones? I've always heard the 5150II has less gain than the 5150, but of course I don't know first hand.
Quote by Lunchbox362
im not sure either. i just assumed that the 5150 II/6262 had more gain cause of the 6 preamp tubes in it, compared to the 5 tubes in the 5150/6260
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

I think it's more about how you use the tubes and not how many there are.
Quote by Lunchbox362
im gonna do a gain test this week, and have my tech measure gain on my my 5150 II, 6262 and on my friends 5150. im just curious on what the actual difference is in gain.
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Remember that the tube's types and age affect the gain. Also, how is he gonna measure it? I'm not sure if it's actually measurable (although it might be, I'm not 100% sure).
Quote by Lunchbox362
Quote by Fama
Remember that the tube's types and age affect the gain. Also, how is he gonna measure it? I'm not sure if it's actually measurable (although it might be, I'm not 100% sure).

we both use the same brand tubes and type. except i have one tube up on him in the preamp section.

my tech said he had some device that can measure that kind of stuff. not sure what it is though
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Quote by AndyRevenge
im not sure either. i just assumed that the 5150 II/6262 had more gain cause of the 6 preamp tubes in it, compared to the 5 tubes in the 5150/6260

The II has less gain and is more clean driven. The extra tube is for the clean channel it was Peaveys attempt to get the 5150 to do cleans.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
The II has less gain and is more clean driven. The extra tube is for the clean channel it was Peaveys attempt to get the 5150 to do cleans.

i did not know that. thanks. its funny cause i have had my 5150 II for 7 years and didn't even know that. i thought it was the other way around. damn
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Quote by AndyRevenge
i did not know that. thanks. its funny cause i have had my 5150 II for 7 years and didn't even know that. i thought it was the other way around. damn

Yup, the gain difference isn't that big of a deal both amps have plenty on tap. And the extra eq EQ section on the II is were the tube comes to play.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Yup, the gain difference isn't that big of a deal both amps have plenty on tap. And the extra eq EQ section on the II is were the tube comes to play.

yeah now that you mention all that the cleans do sound slightly better on the 5150 II then the 5150. but the cleans still blow unless you have a slight chorus on there and a pinch of reverb.
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Heres a link to a 333xl review for those who are interested.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=854465
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Every time I turn my amp up it still makes me smile when I realize I only paid 700 bux for that tone. Best bang for your buck bar none. If proven reliable Bugera is really on to something here. Finally, a valve amp that does metal perfect for cheap. Amen.
Last edited by TheEsupremacy at May 7, 2008,
I would really like to hear my 6262 head through a "proper" cab. This Bugera cab isn't awful or anything, in fact, it sounds pretty good loud. But I know I have to be missing something.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
I would really like to hear my 6262 head through a "proper" cab. This Bugera cab isn't awful or anything, in fact, it sounds pretty good loud. But I know I have to be missing something.

yeah i run my 6262 combo along with my 2x12 mesa cab or i run it striaght through my 5150 4x12 cab after disconecting the combo speakers and it sounds amazing with both setups.
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Quote by AndyRevenge
yeah i run my 6262 combo along with my 2x12 mesa cab or i run it striaght through my 5150 4x12 cab after disconecting the combo speakers and it sounds amazing with both setups.

Droolz...

I was looking @ a Marshall Cab with V 30's @ GC. I keep watching Craigslist but all I find is beat to crap one's for sale. Sorry, I at least want one that doesn't look like it went on tour with Municiple Waste. Wait, crap, they use Vaders...geesh. I'm poor.