Page 4 of 303
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Droolz...

I was looking @ a Marshall Cab with V 30's @ GC. I keep watching Craigslist but all I find is beat to crap one's for sale. Sorry, I at least want one that doesn't look like it went on tour with Municiple Waste. Wait, crap, they use Vaders...geesh. I'm poor.

look up Avatar cabs. i think new they run around $400 for a 4x12 or around $250 for a 2x12

Carvin cabs are really good to, not to pricey at all

even a used Mesa Cab is really good. im investing in a 2x12 Vader cab soon to run the 6262 and im changing out out the stock speakers in the amp as well with some new ones, not sure what yet
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Quote by AndyRevenge
look up Avatar cabs. i think new they run around $400 for a 4x12 or around $250 for a 2x12

Carvin cabs are really good to, not to pricey at all

even a used Mesa Cab is really good. im investing in a 2x12 Vader cab soon to run the 6262 and im changing out out the stock speakers in the amp as well with some new ones, not sure what yet

Tell me how that mod goes Andy! I want a Vader cab. That's my first choice. They look and sound bad ass. Avatar's website stated that they have a pretty long lead time now. In other words, people are waiting a while before they get theirs. I can NEVER find a decent cab around here used. My used situation here SUCKS. Marshall MG250DFX, used, 400....omg please...Not a good city for used equip.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Tell me how that mod goes Andy! I want a Vader cab. That's my first choice. They look and sound bad ass. Avatar's website stated that they have a pretty long lead time now. In other words, people are waiting a while before they get theirs. I can NEVER find a decent cab around here used. My used situation here SUCKS. Marshall MG250DFX, used, 400....omg please...Not a good city for used equip.

even buying a empty speaker box wired for speakers is a good idea to, and then get you some speakers one by one or whatever and make your own. its not that hard. i have replaced the shefields in my 5150 cab with 2 G12T-75 and 2 G12K-100 celetions. so my cab can handle right over 300watts when im done with it
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Does anyone know if there's a major difference in sound between the 6262 and 6260 since I won't really use it for cleans?
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
Does anyone know if there's a major difference in sound between the 6262 and 6260 since I won't really use it for cleans?

the 6260 has a pinch more gain from what ive heard, but no one can here the difference at all. they both have TONS of gain. the 6262 has seperate EQs for both channels so you can get a more vareity of tones. also has seperate Presence and reverb for each channel as well. the 6260 EQ is shared for both channels as well as the presence and reverb controls.
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Quote by TheEsupremacy
What is the best possible speaker I could upgrade my Bugera cab with for metal?

IMO, 2 G12T-75 and 2 G12K-100 celetions. Or 4 of the g12t-75s or g12k-100. check out the celetions websiteCeletions

great low end mids and highs. thats what i have in my 5150 cab
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Last edited by AndyRevenge at May 8, 2008,
I would actually suggest 2 G12T-75 and 2 V30s in an X pattern.....mmmm tasty.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
what about eminence speakers or however you spell it?

i have never used them before. really don't know to much about them.
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Just rented a Bugera 333XL for BOTB tomorrow night, and I must say, it sounds AMAZING. The guy tried to get me to rent a solid state Crate VTX200S (which I admit, it did sound pretty damn nice for a solid state), but it just didn't compare.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Does anyone have any good sound clips for the 333XL yet?
Interested in vitamins and their many uses? Visit my site to learn more about vitamins that can give you energy, increased gym performance, increased recovery, and improved overall health (no broscience)
Check it out: Energizedbyvitamins.com
we need some....imma try getting soundboard feeds of my 6260.

Eminence speakers are honestly more up my alley. Celestions are...meh. I like the Private Jacks and the Red Fangs (i think thats what they are called)
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
If I can get ahold of the live recording for BOTB tonight, I'll post it. I'm gonna be using a 333XL combo.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Can't wait.....ordering my Vader cab on Monday....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace

I hate you. (not really)
My head wont be for another 2 weeks (paycheques), but i am SO stoked
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace

I hate you. (not really)
Last edited by TheEsupremacy at May 10, 2008,
I'm probably going to order a 333XL and an avatar cab 2x12.
Interested in vitamins and their many uses? Visit my site to learn more about vitamins that can give you energy, increased gym performance, increased recovery, and improved overall health (no broscience)
Quote by Moose45
I'm probably going to order a 333XL and an avatar cab 2x12.

Awesome set up man. You're gonna love it.
Sounds clips?
Quote by Moose45
Sounds clips?

You can find some at Netmusicians.org, and Youtube has at least one good clip I believe.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Cool. Mine has just been punished by two more shows. Now that the speakers are finally loosening up, she sounds hella sweet. I still wanna do a speaker swap...I think Imma go eminence, unless someone makes a convincing case otherwise
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
Cool. Mine has just been punished by two more shows. Now that the speakers are finally loosening up, she sounds hella sweet. I still wanna do a speaker swap...I think Imma go eminence, unless someone makes a convincing case otherwise

Lol comments like that always scare me.. Man these sound hella sweet but what can i replace them with

Also that comment usually translated into well they sound decent/less then decent and arent good enough for me but for some other person that doesnt know what tone is might like them...

So why dont people just say that lol
I have the 6260 head and am really happy with the head. Of course, I am always seeking better tone, as we all are. I want to switch out the tubes and do a re-tube with all jj tesla. In particular, I was hoping that an amp guru here would know this: There are 5 12ax7's : 2 are 12ax7"A", and 3 are 12ax7. When looking at the amp through the back, the slots are in this order (far left) 12ax7A, 12ax7A, 12ax7, 12ax7, and 12ax7 (far right). One of the jj tubes is called a "balanced" tube, and I wanted to know if this tube goes far left into the current 12ax7A slot, or far right into the 12ax7 regular slot. If anyone knows this I would greatly appreciate it!
Quote by joesjungle
I have the 6260 head and am really happy with the head. Of course, I am always seeking better tone, as we all are. I want to switch out the tubes and do a re-tube with all jj tesla. In particular, I was hoping that an amp guru here would know this: There are 5 12ax7's : 2 are 12ax7"A", and 3 are 12ax7. When looking at the amp through the back, the slots are in this order (far left) 12ax7A, 12ax7A, 12ax7, 12ax7, and 12ax7 (far right). One of the jj tubes is called a "balanced" tube, and I wanted to know if this tube goes far left into the current 12ax7A slot, or far right into the 12ax7 regular slot. If anyone knows this I would greatly appreciate it!

the far left one
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Quote by guitarbite.fire
agust first im going to get my 333xl!!

congrats man. i love my 6262
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Quote by Bloodshed
You could take it to a tech and have it modded for either a power soak, or a half power mod. The half power mod is simple, you just pull the two outer or inner tubes, and have the fuse changed. Your other option is an attenuator.

I did notice that the combo starts to open up sooner

Can you point me in a direction on how to achieve said "half power mod"
Well, usually it involves either simply pulling two power tubes (either two inner or two outer), and then changing the fuse (talk to a tech first!!) Or, if you are handy with a soldering iron, and understand the circiut it is possible to add a toggle switch to control this. But unless you have worked with tube amps before, I recommend the first. Remember though, doing the half power mod will take away some clean headroom.

To IbanezPsycho....its not that the amp sounds bad. I just want a touch more bass response. I'm probably gonna put Celestion VIntage 30s in it. Thing is, in a combo, a speaker swap is usually a good idea. With a head, you just buy any cab you want. I mean, I could run a cab too, but I don't wanna haul one anymore, which is why i bought the combo

By the way, to anyone who cares...I just dropped some JJ tubes in my 6260 212.....All I can say is WOW! It made a huge difference, made everything smoother and really opened up the amp. You've gotta do it if you have one
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Quote by joesjungle

The balanced tube goes in V5 which is the slot closest to the Power tubes
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
I know this is a Bugera users thread, but are these amps really as good as I've heard? I'm kinda bored with my Peavey XXX, was looking to maybe sell it and pick one of these up.

I was looking at the three channel one that had EQ for each, the JSX-looking one. I'm looking for a Metallica (And Justice For All and Ride the Lightning time period) sound, but with good crunch and decent cleans.
Quote by TJM2482
I know this is a Bugera users thread, but are these amps really as good as I've heard? I'm kinda bored with my Peavey XXX, was looking to maybe sell it and pick one of these up.

I was looking at the three channel one that had EQ for each, the JSX-looking one. I'm looking for a Metallica (And Justice For All and Ride the Lightning time period) sound, but with good crunch and decent cleans.

You do know the Bugera is pretty much the cloned version of the peavey amp you already have.. So in essence you would be downgrading and even worse buying a cloned version of the amp you already own... If your bored with you Peavey i suggest going with a totally different company and since you mentioned metallica why not get a Mesa.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
You do know the Bugera is pretty much the cloned version of the peavey amp you already have.. So in essence you would be downgrading and even worse buying a cloned version of the amp you already own... If your bored with you Peavey i suggest going with a totally different company and since you mentioned metallica why not get a Mesa.
Heh, well Mesa's aren't exactly as cheap as Bugera
Quote by TJM2482
Heh, well Mesa's aren't exactly as cheap as Bugera

Yea but selling a amp you already have for a worse amp that is a clone of your amp is a waste of money a rather large waste of money...
Quote by TJM2482

peavey XXX sounds worse then the bugera 333
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
My experience with a Triple XXX (which belonged to a bandmate) was that it had good days and bad days. Like it was very temperamental, which was odd. Nothing helped, retubing, rebiasing...nothing. He got a used Mesa single Rec for the same price he sold the XXX, and loves it. I don't honestly know how the Bugera 333 sounds, but it may or may not be what you are looking for. I'd play one first and decide from that.

And to IbanezPsycho, remember that terms like better or worse are HIGHLY subjective, and depending on someones taste and perceptions this may or may not be true. And the 333 is not a straight clone, but it is extremely similar, so it will inherently have some unique qualities to bring to the table
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
Well, usually it involves either simply pulling two power tubes (either two inner or two outer), and then changing the fuse (talk to a tech first!!) Or, if you are handy with a soldering iron, and understand the circiut it is possible to add a toggle switch to control this. But unless you have worked with tube amps before, I recommend the first. Remember though, doing the half power mod will take away some clean headroom.

To IbanezPsycho....its not that the amp sounds bad. I just want a touch more bass response. I'm probably gonna put Celestion VIntage 30s in it. Thing is, in a combo, a speaker swap is usually a good idea. With a head, you just buy any cab you want. I mean, I could run a cab too, but I don't wanna haul one anymore, which is why i bought the combo

By the way, to anyone who cares...I just dropped some JJ tubes in my 6260 212.....All I can say is WOW! It made a huge difference, made everything smoother and really opened up the amp. You've gotta do it if you have one

did you change out the preamp and power tubes or just the preamp tubes with JJs.
which JJs did you go with?

i went with the high gain set for my 6262:
4 High gain JJ ECC83S in V1-V4 slots
1 standard JJ ECC83S in V5
1 Balanced JJ ECC83S in V6 (phase inverter)

i get better, smoother overdrive, and ALOT less noise! best tubes on the market IMO!
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

So far, Preamp only. I'm waiting on my power tubes to arrive
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
you going with the 6L6s or the EL34s?

im gonna switch out my power tubes pretty soon
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Quote by AndyRevenge
congrats man. i love my 6262

How does your 6262 compare up to your 5150 II?

If this has been asked already (which I imagine it has), just keep it brief