Page 5 of 303
Quote by Meatball200
How does your 6262 compare up to your 5150 II?

If this has been asked already (which I imagine it has), just keep it brief

it can hold up to it for sure. they don't sound the same that much. i would say the overdrive on my 6262 is smoother sounding then my 5150 II. the cleans are soooo much better then the 5150. i like the raw sound of the 5150 II overdrive a tad bit better, but then again the OD on the 6262 is killer as well. the 6262 is a bad ass amp. i use it as a back up for my 5150 II on the road. it can easliy push my 5150 4x12 (loaded with G12T-75s) on stage if i need it to. the controls are very responsive like the 5150 II. the tone changes with the slightest move of the EQ knobs. so you can get any sound it. but yeah its like the 5150 IIs adopted son! haha
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Awesome, thanks. I'm GASing for a high gain head and the Bugera's are obviously attractive considering their price.
Quote by Meatball200
Awesome, thanks. I'm GASing for a high gain head and the Bugera's are obviously attractive considering their price.

no problem man. have you tried one yet? or are you like me where there are no shops that carry them around you? i got mine through Sam Ashe get you a set of casters (wheels) for it to cause its really heavy.
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Last edited by AndyRevenge at May 21, 2008,
I'm staying with the 6L6's. EL34s are better for a more birtish sounding drive (think browned out marshall.) But you lose clean headroom too as EL34s break up sooner. If you wanted something in between, you could put in KT77s
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
My experience with a Triple XXX (which belonged to a bandmate) was that it had good days and bad days. Like it was very temperamental, which was odd. Nothing helped, retubing, rebiasing...nothing. He got a used Mesa single Rec for the same price he sold the XXX, and loves it. I don't honestly know how the Bugera 333 sounds, but it may or may not be what you are looking for. I'd play one first and decide from that.

And to IbanezPsycho, remember that terms like better or worse are HIGHLY subjective, and depending on someones taste and perceptions this may or may not be true. And the 333 is not a straight clone, but it is extremely similar, so it will inherently have some unique qualities to bring to the table

By worse im talking about the reliability factor.. Your getting rid of a amp made in the USA for a Cheap Chinese amp... Thats the issue... Its a worse amp period... Also I informed him to get a Mesa which is known for reliability..
ok....that works. Sorry if i sounded condescending. A lot of people say worse, without any real qualitys or criteria for saying it

An I concur...a Mesa would be good. THough, for those Metallica sounds, a used JCM 900 would be better
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
I'm staying with the 6L6's. EL34s are better for a more birtish sounding drive (think browned out marshall.) But you lose clean headroom too as EL34s break up sooner. If you wanted something in between, you could put in KT77s

yeah i know about those, i was just curious as to which ones you were gonna go with. im not a big fan of the EL34s. was curious to know how the 6260 would sound with those if you did swap for those. if i was gonna change out the 6L6s to somthing else i would def go with the Kt77s. although i do have a Laney gh50L, well its half mine, my brothers guitarist has been using it for the past 2 years now. i basically gave it to him since his rig was stolen at BB Kings in Hollywood,CA at a show. but that amp did sound pretty good with those EL34s.
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Last edited by AndyRevenge at May 21, 2008,
true, but its all in the sound you want from it. I think it would be cool to have a second 6260 running EL34s for a more british sound. Though, my next amp will be some kind of low gain type amp
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Quote by AndyRevenge
no problem man. have you tried one yet? or are you like me where there are no shops that carry them around you? i got mine through Sam Ashe get you a set of casters (wheels) for it to cause its really heavy.

For some reason, GAK, my local shop doesnt stock them despite being the UK's largest guitar store!

I may order one online though with a 30day money-back garuntee though if I cant get my hands on one for a demo.
Quote by Meatball200
For some reason, GAK, my local shop doesnt stock them despite being the UK's largest guitar store!

I may order one online though with a 30day money-back garuntee though if I cant get my hands on one for a demo.

Sam ashe has a 45 day money back guarantee
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Sounds like he is from the UK, which complicates things a bit, as shipping from Sam Ash would be a fortune
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Thomann.de ships to UK (I believe for no shipping charges if the order is over 200£ and has a 30 day money back guarantee.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Bloodshed
Sounds like he is from the UK, which complicates things a bit, as shipping from Sam Ash would be a fortune

thats true. didn't think about that
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Quote by Fama
Thomann.de ships to UK (I believe for no shipping charges if the order is over 200£ and has a 30 day money back guarantee.

Yeah, it's a good service quite frankly.

Quote by Bloodshed

Yep, thanks for explaining
Lol, you are welcome.....

and thanks to Fama for bringing up Thomann...being a non-european i didnt know if they shipped to the UK
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
I purchased a 6262 head a few weeks ago. I was in the market for a new amp and was checking out all the options when I came upon an ad for the Bugera line.While I'm not a metal player I can appreciate good distortion. The 6262 head through a closed back Lopoline 1x12 with a Texas Heat speaker sounds wonderful. I've owned a boogie Mark I and Mark III along with a Fender twin in the past and I can tell you: while the Bugera is not a Boogie or a Fender it has a full, warm clean tone and a sweet distortion at a price that is quite amazing. It does have quite a "hiss" in the distortion mode but that could be a pre amp tube. I play in a 60's-70's band and can only turn the distortion channel volume to "1" and the gain to "2" before it gets too loud.
Heres a few pics from my last show with my Bugera in action

Photo credits to Ashley @ RaW ImaGerY Photography

I'm getting more shots from friends soon as well...this was definitely a fun show, and I got LOTS of compliments on my tone. Even the sound guy admitted it sounded excellent!
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Wow, looks great. Although the small combo DOES lack the same stage presence a half (or full) stack has. But in the end, I don't think it matters that much. Where'd you get the Bugera t-shirt?
Quote by Lunchbox362
Quote by Fama
Wow, looks great. Although the small combo DOES lack the same stage presence a half (or full) stack has. But in the end, I don't think it matters that much. Where'd you get the Bugera t-shirt?

Ehh, I don't worry about the lack of stage prescence. We are gonna buy some screens soon that cover both sides of the stage and thus all amps will be hidden. At some places, I put it on top of a road case. I actually got the shirt from Bugera. I sent them an email telling them what I thought of their amps, good and bad, and let them know that I really found this thing to be a solid road dog. They returned an email, asking for my address and shirt size, as well as a lengthy response. They seem pretty cool to me.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
Bugera Users Militia eh?

lol BUM

Hahaha, good point. Maybe the name could have been thought out a bit better? Oh well.
Quote by Lunchbox362
Quote by Fama
Hahaha, good point. Maybe the name could have been thought out a bit better? Oh well.

Wow dang...I didn't think about about that one....oh well. Thus is life
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Last edited by Bloodshed at May 27, 2008,
Quote by Bloodshed
Heres a few pics from my last show with my Bugera in action

Photo credits to Ashley @ RaW ImaGerY Photography

I'm getting more shots from friends soon as well...this was definitely a fun show, and I got LOTS of compliments on my tone. Even the sound guy admitted it sounded excellent!

sweet stuff bloodshed. I want your Schecter Tempest , that what it is right? Give it to me now.

I played a show not too long ago with my bugera

Haha dont mind me. Bugera is on the left obviously. I couldn't bring my cab that day though so I had to use a house cab which was bad :/ but it was still decent.
GEAR:
Schecter C-1 Plus (Emg 81/85)
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
Yes, tis a Tempest...it is the most comfy guitar I've ever played.

Where were you guys playing at? And if you give me a band link, I can add you guys on teh crackspace
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
It's a venue in Yonkers, NY called The Haunt.

as for the band, its no longer around we just broke up a couple of days ago cause of a big incident.
GEAR:
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
Oh dang..I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll find a new band soon.

My pics were from a show in Raleigh, NC at a venue called Lincoln Theatre. It's a very nice place to play, and the show was a blast.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
yeah i know. it did suck I just joined recently, but it was alright. I think I have bad luck haha.

But yeah, i'm in the process of writing stuff with another band now.

My bugera sounds so sweet live, i love it <3.

and now i ordered my isp decimator recently so should be sweet.
GEAR:
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
Last edited by Ryohazuki at May 27, 2008,
I run a HUSH in the loop of mine. Then for clean runs, where I don't want the surpression, I just switch off the loop.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
I'm seriously GASing for a 6262 head. Can't really justify it though, my band aren't going to be gigging anytime soon and my FA is suiting me just fine, even if it is lacking in the gain department.

Bloodshed: Those gig pics are great, nice Tempest. Your band got a Myspace page?
Yeah our band page is www.myspace.com/writteninrednc

Ignore the recordings that are up now. They are rough and we are going to the studios in about 3 weeks to record a full length debut.

And thanks much, I love my Tempest!
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Does anybody have any more stories of problems to share?
Also, can the Bugera do non high gain music well?
Signatures are overrated.
Quote by Moe.
Does anybody have any more stories of problems to share?
Also, can the Bugera do non high gain music well?

I play in a jazz band too, and get a really sweet clean from it...nice and woody if you are soft, and you can dig in for more articulation. And I haven't heard anymore problem stories so far...though I'd be interested to see if there are.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Any more success/nightmare stories for the good of the cause? Everything I've heard lately has been good.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Well, I think I'll get my amp sometime this week (or next week at least, probably this week). First time around it lasted 20 minutes, second time around it lasted maybe 10 hours or less (total playtime), let's see how long it lasts this time Also, I noticed Thomann has a Bugera 6262 combo in their blowouts, probably mine... I would have wished they would have sent me the fixed amp, since I suspect it's the tubes (thus new tubes might have been better).
Quote by Lunchbox362
Considering buying a 6202 head, cos im upgrading from an MG after 6 years..

I want high gain which im told it has, BUT, is it at all possible to get bedroom levels out of it and a 4x12? >.<

Cheers
PC
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
6262 or 6260? Anyway, yes you can get bedroom levels, but I still wouldn't suggest it if you live in an apartment with bad walls and pissy neighbours or something.
Quote by Lunchbox362
imma guess tubes as well. Still thats kinda odd. I also wonder if it got josled around a lot during shipping. That does bad things to tubes
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Quote by Fama
6262 or 6260? Anyway, yes you can get bedroom levels, but I still wouldn't suggest it if you live in an apartment with bad walls and pissy neighbours or something.

Living at home with my rents, wil lbe til uni in 2 years, they get pissy if my marshalls past 4, but i guess i can get an attuenator?
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
MG30? I think you should be fine at that volume (4 on that amp). The distortion is all preamp too.

Bloodshed: Well, shipping from Germany to Finland... yeah. Also, both times I sent the amp back, it also visited Denmark? What the hell?
Quote by Lunchbox362
Safe, gonna get one tehn

Do you reccomend using the offical cab? Cos i may not be able to afford that, so id be using a low end cab (harley benton from thomann)..
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.