OK, this may end up being RLY stupid, but here it is. So i have my spider III 150 212 amp. I like it and all, but let's say i wanted to upgrade to the spider valve. Now this idea just popped into my head and I have no intention of doing it, but, could I buy a spider valve head, and then use my spider III combo as a cabinet? would that be possible?

obviously, i'm a nub with halfstacks.

gracias
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
If your Spider III's speaker is plugged into a jack in the amp, and the speaker is the right impedance(Ohms), then you can plug it into the Spider Valve head's speaker out.

If the Spider III's speaker is hard-wired to the amp, it might not be worth it.
Quote by carpepax
If your Spider III's speaker is plugged into a jack in the amp, and the speaker is the right impedance(Ohms), then you can plug it into the Spider Valve head's speaker out.

If the Spider III's speaker is hard-wired to the amp, it might not be worth it.

yea, i figured it wouldn't be worth it, but i'm kinda in that trippy area between tired and awake and had a "woah...dude..." moment.

lol a combo amp situation would be better for me anyway...not that i will be able to afford or make use of a tube amp for probably another 4 years...unless i get seriously involved in a band...which i doubt i will
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional