so my buddy just got an orange cab n it sounds pritty fantastic. my cab is a marshall jcm 900 lead 1960 with 2 v-30's n 2 greenback 75's

would my cab sound the exact same if i switched in another 2 v-30s?

are there other factors that determine the sound of a cab?

thanks
Guitars- Gibson SG Stanadard (stock)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Emg 81/85

Amp- Marshall Jcm 2000 DSL/1960 Lead Cab

Pedals- Boss TU-2, Ibanez TS-9, Boss NS-2, Line 6 DL-4, Boss Ph-3, Boss GE-7
Construction quality is a part of it. How well the sides are joined and stuff like that.

The size of the cab matters too (eg Mesa Recto 'Oversized' cabs) and thickness of material it's made of.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Cab sounds depends a lot on cab construction. What it's made out of, how it's put together, and the ohm load of your speaker wiring. V-30s are tight, but a lot of it is the orange cab. 75's kinda of a scoop to them, while the 30's are fuller with more mids I would say. You have a nice cab though, but if you want an "orange sound" you need an orange cab.
Orange makes some of the best build cabs around. real high quality.

Unfortunately marshalls have become more and more crappy haha So, just sell the marshall and get an orange!
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
the problem with marshall cabs well the newer ones that includes jcm 900 i think is that they are made out of particle board and i think im probably wrong but becuase particle board has a slightly more spongy quality it doesnt project as well where as the orange has 18 birch ply mmmmm that said the marshall mode four cab is really good construction wise its birch ply i think and slightly taller so it has more bass response but the mode four head is shiit
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

I would say the cabinet structure is as important, if not more important than speaker choice, relativley speaking. Types of woods, joints, build quality, etc, all play a huge part in how your cabinet will sound. An orange cab will sound much better than any new marshall cab. In fact, the marshall 4x12's are some of the worst i've tried so far.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
if you can get say a 1971 marshall cab that would be good
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12