Hey guys,
I have a few amp choices and can't decide what to do.
here are the options.

1. Sell my MG and SG and buy a 5150 head, then go ampless for about a month and buy a 2x12.

2. Buy a Randall 50TC and a TS9, possibly new tubes to.

3. Buy a Bugera 333xl or a 6262 combo.

Now I'm probably going to want a 5150 sometime in the future, should I just get it now and put 100% of my pay check into it and go ampless for a month or two?
I have a band but we only play a show about every 2nd month and reherse about every 3 weeks. Would the 5150 still be worth getting ? If I go the Bugera option should I get the head or the combo ? If I get a 2x12 cab will it save me money in the long run when the time comes to get a new amp?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
As someone who has done things the wrong way, I can personally tell you that it's better to flat out get the amp you want, if you know that's really what you want, rather than get a "temporary solution."
Quote by Dave_Mc
less headroom than the windsor head? what, does it distort before you plug it in?

Quote by howey
Hey guys,
I have a few amp choices and can't decide what to do.
here are the options.

1. Sell my MG and SG and buy a 5150 head, then go ampless for about a month and buy a 2x12.

2. Buy a Randall 50TC and a TS9, possibly new tubes to.

3. Buy a Bugera 333xl or a 6262 combo.

Now I'm probably going to want a 5150 sometime in the future, should I just get it now and put 100% of my pay check into it and go ampless for a month or two?
I have a band but we only play a show about every 2nd month and reherse about every 3 weeks. Would the 5150 still be worth getting ? If I go the Bugera option should I get the head or the combo ? If I get a 2x12 cab will it save me money in the long run when the time comes to get a new amp?

Actually, I've been looking at the Traynor YCS100H Custom Special. It looks like a great amp. Even though I haven't invested in it yet, I would still have to suggest the amp. It's super versatile and not super expensive. Here's a link: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Traynor-Custom-Special-100H-100W-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=481158
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
Quote by darthalal
As someone who has done things the wrong way, I can personally tell you that it's better to flat out get the amp you want, if you know that's really what you want, rather than get a "temporary solution."

100% +1!!!
Yeah I've been thinking about it and as much as I want to get it, I don't know if I can sacrifice amplified playing for a few months.
The combo would be better for me but I hear its voiced differantly, any comments on this ?
Also would buying the head save me money in the future ?
Then I would just be able to buy heads rather then combos.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD