Poll: Can you vouch for the stereotypes?
Poll Options
View poll results: Can you vouch for the stereotypes?
Yes
49 84%
No
9 16%
Voters: 58.
After going through a little bit of that thread about dumbing yourself down to be cool, something caught my eye. Well actually in the first post. The threadstarter called a girl a "stereotypical teen".

Similarily, when reading "guitargasm!", I noticed in one chapter when Danny is trying to get this girl to help him with a myspace she was clearly conceited. The story also had the jock randomly screw around with somebody.

So my question is, have you ever had one of those moments where you met someone who met a stereotype so closely you thought you were on a sitcom?

I'll start. I really haven't for the most part. I mean I see the typical hot girls out smoking with their boyfriends who dress like they just came out of jail plenty of times, but I've also encountered handfuls more of people who are "average" so-to-speak and have interesting traits.

The same goes for the depressed/dark kids (if you want to refer to them as that). I see them sitting against the lockers listening to music, judging people as they pass with faces that say "you don't know what I've been through" and "you just love being all that don't you?", when they're typically in the same situation as the average joe passing by and working hard for a future with success and slightly hampered social skills.
I've met tons of plastics.

Spoilt rich girls with the IQ of a slug who focus on nothing more than Tans, Shopping and Guys.

I've met TONS of them.
Thank you come again.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
Well I know a girl who fits the dumb blonde stereotype perfectly, although she dyed it blonde.

Too bad no-one remembers that she has naturally brown hair, and had it till about 2 years ago. She used to be a decent student, and now all she does is ask stupid questions and tell people they're smart for knowing common knowledge.

Man I just want to punch her in the face.
At my school:

- Asians studying Math (Yes, it was math) and doing Math homework until 9:00pm at my school in the study areas/library.
- Emo and Scene kids looking for attention, obvious self mutilation marks etc.
- Gangsta f00ls wit da puffy coats n da weed n da plastic hookas while failing all their classes.
- Preps and jocks... needs no more explaining.

There's more, just can't think of it right now.
Quote by soulflyV
Well I know a girl who fits the dumb blonde stereotype perfectly, although she dyed it blonde.

Too bad no-one remembers that she has naturally brown hair, and had it till about 2 years ago. She used to be a decent student, and now all she does is ask stupid questions and tell people they're smart for knowing common knowledge.

Man I just want to punch her in the face.

Sorry but that's pretty funny.
How well do you actually know these "dark kids" and "slug-IQ girls". You are hardly any different from them; people are not simply what they portray to the masses. A girl acting like a ****ing idiot may simply be using such behavior as a fachada.

EDIT: I'm going to vote no, because I'd rather not give into common elitist assumptions.
Quote by Avedas
At my school:

- Asians studying Math (Yes, it was math) and doing Math homework until 9:00pm at my school in the study areas/library.

- Emo and Scene kids looking for attention, obvious self mutilation marks etc.
- Gangsta f00ls wit da puffy coats n da weed n da plastic hookas while failing all their classes.
- Preps and jocks... needs no more explaining.

There's more, just can't think of it right now.

Although this I can vouch for.
Quote by Paquijón
Although this I can vouch for.

Yeah, I always see them when there's a school event at night. They usually get kicked out around 10 or so though.
Quote by soulflyV
Well it kind of is when she asks a really stupid question, but ever since last year I've averaged about 3 facepalms per English lesson.

Quote by Avedas
Yeah, I always see them when there's a school event at night. They usually get kicked out around 10 or so though.

EDIT: Paquijón really got what I was going for. Like smoking can be a face, materials can be a face, a smile can be a face, hell even a face can be a face. I'm sure handfulls of you have already made this connection which should be interesting.
Last edited by musiclover2399 at Apr 25, 2008,
Le'ts face it, we're guitar players, on a guitar forum, talking about how boring other people can be, while probably looking up pretty girls in another window...we ARE stereotypes.
Classifieds mod said this didn't count as trying to sell anything, I'll say it here:

If you're looking to be able to take credit cards in-person (not over the internet where paypal will work), pm me and I can hook you up with the stuff you need.
Quote by Paquijón
A girl acting like a ****ing idiot may simply be using such behavior as a fachada.

WTF is a fachada?
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Quote by The_bushidoka
Le'ts face it, we're guitar players, on a guitar forum, talking about how boring other people can be, while probably looking up pretty girls in another window...we ARE stereotypes.

Good call. Of course this forum itself shows how different groups live within a certain class(guitarists). For instance, you have a Brett Favre avatar and I therefore now am keeping my eye on you

EDIT: ^I'm pretty sure he meant a "facade".
Another thing about Asians in my school.

Not only is my school 50% Asian (literally), but a lot of the grade 12's have got these really fuckin' expensive cars. I've seen Lexus, Mercedes, Mitsubishi etc in the school parking lot like everyday. And it's always an Asian walking to it at the end of school, probably going to buy sushi or bubble tea or something.
I work in Somerfield (a supermarket for you yanks) and there's this black guy who only ever buys bananas. Hahahaha.
Yup... loads.
Go to the D4 area in Dublin and its full of Preps who pretend to be from the OC. Like 7 out of every 10 girls there fit exactly into the prep, orange skin, blonde hair, tons of make up, weird accent, abecrombie, ugg boots stereotype. They all have the same look and the same hairstyle. Its scarily funny!

And my ex has become a stereotypical scene kid since we broke up.
Quote by af_the_fragile
Yup... loads.
Go to the D4 area in Dublin and its full of Preps who pretend to be from the OC. Like 7 out of every 10 girls there fit exactly into the prep, orange skin, blonde hair, tons of make up, weird accent, abecrombie, ugg boots stereotype. They all have the same look and the same hairstyle. Its scarily funny!

And my ex has become a stereotypical scene kid since we broke up.

*facepalm*

It's kind of funny, my mates are mostly from kerry and they rent house right in the middle of d4...

All the scumbags seem to dress "preppy" here.

I think we are pretty stereotypical guitarists though, talking about other people as if we're somehow superior to them. We all have our foibles.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by fortysix&2
*facepalm*

It's kind of funny, my mates are mostly from kerry and they rent house right in the middle of d4...

All the scumbags seem to dress "preppy" here.

I think we are pretty stereotypical guitarists though, talking about other people as if we're somehow superior to them. We all have our foibles.

We ARE superior to everyone else!!!
everyone in and around my town seems to fit into the retarded gansta or dumb blonde sterotypes, except for my close friends........or wait i guess they would fit into the burnout sterotype..
"Sex, Drugs, and Rock n Roll,
Speed, Weed, and Birth Control,
Life's a Bitch Until We Die,
So F*ck this World,
Let's All Get High"

Quote by Deliriumbassist
I spent 3 years in a Tibetan Monastery to learn how to fap just using the power of my mind...
Just about any time I've been out to a gay pub or club, there's been plenty of the stereotypical queens. A friend of a friend is the total stereotype, but he's actually a lovely guy, and really funny. There are a few I know who just sit there scowling at people and bitching about them. Meh.
preppy mother****ers always the same. pefume, tans, talkin about that party the other night

football players gettin by on their football scores

and then me and my friends kinda make up the fats, the nerds, the goth/emo kids. none of us eat a ****load/masterbate to star trek/cut
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
not all chavs are ****s, i hang out with them sometimes and do stupid ****.

most grungers are intelligant, a few at my school can't even spell emo. lol
Quote by PeffinGee
If there were death penalties for pedophiles, half of UG will die

www.myspace.com/fr3ddi30

A SAILOR'S GRAVE FOR ME